PDA

View Full Version : Mac user photoblogs G5s going to Microsoft. Mac user then lo...

MacBytes
Oct 28, 2003, 08:50 PM
Category: Mac Websites
Link: Mac user photoblogs G5s going to Microsoft. Mac user then loses job at Microsoft's request. (http://www.michaelhanscom.com/eclecticism/2003/10/of_blogging_and.html)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Oct 28, 2003, 09:49 PM
apparently it's against company policy to have any kind of life outside of the Evil Empire.

Big brother is watching you in Redmond, so watch out. :eek:

pgwalsh
Oct 29, 2003, 01:20 PM
I can't believe they'd fire someone over that blog.... Poor guy.

Sun Baked
Oct 29, 2003, 01:25 PM
I can understand why they fired the guy...

Quite a few companies are now terminating employees for taking/posting pictures that compromise security, and having people arrested that take pictures of their facilities.

Try to take a bunch of pictures of a police station if you want to have a really interesting day.

pgwalsh
Oct 29, 2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pgwalsh
I can't believe they'd fire someone over that blog.... Poor guy. Not sure how this compromises security. It's a picture the back of a truck, which could be from any location. He then discloses the location, but not enough information....

Frohickey
Oct 29, 2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I can understand why they fired the guy...

Quite a few companies are now terminating employees for taking/posting pictures that compromise security, and having people arrested that take pictures of their facilities.

Try to take a bunch of pictures of a police station if you want to have a really interesting day.

Heck, try taking a few pictures of the Golden Gate bridge, or a few power plants!

Damn Patriot Act.

Frohickey
Oct 29, 2003, 02:43 PM
Should have denied that it was his blog.

Rower_CPU
Oct 29, 2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Frohickey
Should have denied that it was his blog.

Not an option, as he posted too much info, plus it could be used as an admission of "guilt". Not very principled.

Macnotxp
Oct 29, 2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Frohickey
Damn Patriot Act.

Yep, damn that Patriot Act. :rolleyes: That's exactly the kind of attitude that will get more buildings and airplanes blown up in this country. How soon some people forget...

Rower_CPU
Oct 29, 2003, 09:31 PM
Let's leave politics out of this.

Les Kern
Oct 29, 2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Let's leave politics out of this.
We CAN'T. They're not leaving YOU out of it.

Rower_CPU
Oct 29, 2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Les Kern
We CAN'T. They're not leaving YOU out of it.

I have no idea what you mean by that, but politics have no place in this discussion.

If they persist, the thread will be moved.

johnnowak
Oct 29, 2003, 10:33 PM
He was joking rower. That was the end of it. Take it easy.

Rower_CPU
Oct 29, 2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by johnnowak
He was joking rower. That was the end of it. Take it easy.

Sure has a funny way of showing it. ;)

I got your easy right here!! :p

simX
Oct 29, 2003, 11:30 PM
Funny. How is it that Microsoft is so anal about physical security on their premises, but they aren't anal about security in their products? :rolleyes:

(Props to As the Apple Turns (http://www.appleturns.com/) for first pointing out this irony.)

Mr. Anderson
Oct 30, 2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by simX
Funny. How is it that Microsoft is so anal about physical security on their premises, but they aren't anal about security in their products? :rolleyes:

Ha, well, probably because the 'fix' in this case is a lot easier. ;)

Still, its not right and all they've done is make a martyr our of Michael Hanson. It will probably be much better off for him now, just give it some time.

D