PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 Macbook Geekbench Score?

JMBrown
Mar 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm in the market for a new macbook (coming from a PC), but I can't decide between an old 2.2 Merom or a new 2.1 Penryn. The DVD burner is moot since I have had a DVD burner in my PC for almost three years and have never used it. That said, the decision basically comes down to processor performance. I have been looking for some Geekbench scores of the new 2.1 Penryn Macbooks, but have not been able to find any. If anyone here has one of the new MBs will you please run Geekbench and let us know how it does?

Thanks

sculptor
Mar 2, 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm in the market for a new macbook (coming from a PC), but I can't decide between an old 2.2 Merom or a new 2.1 Penryn. The DVD burner is moot since I have had a DVD burner in my PC for almost three years and have never used it. That said, the decision basically comes down to processor performance. I have been looking for some Geekbench scores of the new 2.1 Penryn Macbooks, but have not been able to find any. If anyone here has one of the new MBs will you please run Geekbench and let us know how it does?

Thanks

What are you planning on using the Macbook for? Also, how do you know you won't like iMovie so much that you regret not having a DVD burner. The great thing about the 2.4 macbook is it comes with a decent size/speed hard drive and 2 gigs of ram, so you won't be thinking upgrade anytime soon.

.......Curtis

Chris Blount
Mar 2, 2008, 04:12 PM

ThanksI would highly recommend getting the Penryn. I had both and the Penryn runs a little faster especially when doing video encodes. It also runs cooler.