Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Top-Slacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Ok, had my Macbook for about a month and a half and it's been plagued by crashes since I got it. I thought at first it was just bugs in 10.5.1, but 10.5.2 came and I still get crashes. The two applications which crash are Safari and iMovie. Safari crashes all the time, like every hour or so... really frustrating as you can imagine. iMovie crashes randomly when I'm putting clips together and crashes every time I try to export. In addition I get random bugs like whenever something is downloading in iTunes and the laptop goes to sleep, when it wakes up the download restarts from scratch.

Can anyone shed any light on this? :)

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I've definitely noticed more frequent crashes on leopard than tiger, but not nearly as frequently as you seem to be encountering. If it persists I might try a fresh install of leopard.

MacFanBoyIIe

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
I'm no expert, but I would back up these applications' preferences to a safe place. Then, try deleting the preferences from the user library. Restart and see if you can still produce a crash. If this doesn't fix it, don't forget to restore the original preferences.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Safari crashes on me off and on, but that's usually because of the site I'm on. If it's trying to run a ton of scripts then Safari will lock up and end up crashing. You may want to use Firefox as another option to see if you still get the same amount of crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.