PDA

View Full Version : .Mac and Apple IDs

CMillerERAU
Oct 28, 2003, 11:12 PM
I decided to ditch .Mac when my parrents got DSL but now I'm facing an interesting dilema. My Apple ID is paired up with my .Mac account. When I go to the support page I can't change my Apple ID from my .mac email account. Anyone have any idea what's going to happen with this? I'm affraid that when they finally trash my .Mac account (I already can't get mail or access anything related to .Mac) that everything connected with my Apple ID will go too. Anyone already figure this one out?

Horrortaxi
Oct 29, 2003, 12:12 AM
They're two different things so one shouldn't effect the other.

I just changed my Apple ID because the email I signed up with is dead now. Actually I didn't change--it wouldn't let me--so I created a new account. Sounds like your situation. I wouldn't worry.

CMillerERAU
Oct 29, 2003, 01:01 AM
well I tried changing my user name for Apple ID but it wouldn't let me because it was tied to my .Mac account. Well now when I select the link to change the account it says I can't because my .Mac account has expired. If I just get a new Apple ID, won't I lose all the songs I purchased off iTMS?

Horrortaxi
Oct 29, 2003, 09:04 AM
You won't lose them. If you put them on another computer or otherwise have to reauthorize them you'll have to do it with the old account.