Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fazox

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
I bought a Black SR Macbook late last November and my case is starting to separate above the Superdrive slot. Its starting to look like this:
dsc00033le4.jpg

Does Apple cover this? I have never dropped or bumped it and am constantly babying it.:mad:

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

should do as it means there's probably something up with the computer that shouldn't be.

Give them a call or take it in is the best advice I can give.

RandyGandy

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
yeah take it in and get it assessed

unless you have been throwing it around and not considered neglect applecare will repair it under warranty

gregdrummeraz

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
Glendale, az
yeah take it in and get it assessed

unless you have been throwing it around and not considered neglect applecare will repair it under warranty

mine is starting to do that also.. its only 2 weeks old. will they give me a brand new one or just fix mine. I would rather a brand new cuz then I will get a 2.4!!:rolleyes:

rogair

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2007
Use a spudger tool and your thumb to snap it back down. No chance in a replacement. A new top case MAYBE.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
Thats what happened to mine, though not that bad.

Eventually, because of the "quality" of the repair by Flextronics, they ended up replacing the entire case.

Just call Apple. If they try to refuse (and you live in the US) be sure to bring up that you feel them not fixing it is a violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. If you live in California, bring that and California Civil Code 1750 up. You'll get it fixed ;)

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Mine keyboard/top cover was replaced by them and I didn't check my mb too carefully and now I notice that all of my left edge is separated and some of it near the magnetic lid. At least its not cracking... If its within warranty they will fix it and at most they will just give you a new top cover which includes a new keyboard, and mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.