Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niborzerrop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Since last month, I'm the happy owner of an iPod Touch:apple:.

I wonder how many times I can fail to insert a wrong code to unlock my iPod, and what will happen when I have a black-out and can't remember my code.

Can somebody help me please ?

Greetings,

niborzerrop.

intempo808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
You can lock the iPod and get the code wrong about 5 times. I think if you forget it completely, then you can connect it to te PC or Mac its linked with and it will unlock...

Dont quote me on that though.

Ferb 101

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
You can lock the iPod and get the code wrong about 5 times. I think if you forget it completely, then you can connect it to te PC or Mac its linked with and it will unlock...

Dont quote me on that though.

Naa, for mine it still requires password, and even if you enter password and it gets locked for 5-60 min depending on how many min its locked and it wont unlock unless that time is up...

also if its locked and you use some other computer iTunes wont recognize it unless u enter the pass code :p

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
The iPod touch has a locking mechanism, as described above, which increases the 'disabled' time period in short increments. However if you exceed the number of tries, I think it's 6 (1min, 5min, 15min, 30min, 45min, 60min, Tries Exceed), then the iPod becomes disabled (keypad for entering pass-code disappears off screen). It can then, only be unlocked by syncing/docking that iPod with it's default library. Also, you must be signed into the iTunes Music Store account which was active on the first ever sync of the device. Any other iTunes account, or library, and the device simply doesn't respond.

R-Fly

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Since last month, I'm the happy owner of an iPod Touch:apple:.

I wonder how many times I can fail to insert a wrong code to unlock my iPod, and what will happen when I have a black-out and can't remember my code.

Can somebody help me please ?

Greetings,

niborzerrop.

The trick is to enter a code that you WILL remember, like the last four digits of your SS number, or the last four digits of your phone number, or your address, or your birthday month and day, or your birth year, or zero plus the build year/week of the touch, etc.

Random number codes are fine only if you can remember them; many of the examples I gave are specific for you, but completely random to someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.