PDA

View Full Version : Simple but helpful thing I'd like

sportsfrk214
Mar 2, 2008, 01:58 PM
You know how when you're on the keyboard, if you highlight the letter "a" for example, a small list of other options come up for foreign characters? It would be nice if when you held down the ".com" button while typing in a web address, a list of options came up with options like ".org", ".net", ".edu", ".gov", etc. Anyone agree this would be useful?

JAT
Mar 2, 2008, 10:22 PM
That's an awesome idea. Send it to Apple.

sportsfrk214
Jul 19, 2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread of mine, however I find it to be relevant. After having 2.0 for over a week, I suddenly remembered that I sent this suggestion to Apple through the feedback form back in March. Well to my surprise, and happiness, this small feature has been implemented. When you hold down the .com button, you now get options for .net, .org, and .edu. I doubt I was the only person to suggest this to Apple, but its nonetheless satisfying to see that they listen to people's suggestions and improve their products accordingly :)

archi17
Jul 19, 2008, 11:41 PM
Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread of mine, however I find it to be relevant. After having 2.0 for over a week, I suddenly remembered that I sent this suggestion to Apple through the feedback form back in March. Well to my surprise, and happiness, this small feature has been implemented. When you hold down the .com button, you now get options for .net, .org, and .edu. I doubt I was the only person to suggest this to Apple, but its nonetheless satisfying to see that they listen to people's suggestions and improve their products accordingly :)

That is very cool. I like how apple listens to its people, because such a simple thing might not have been thought of at the Apple HQ

SuperMacMan
Jul 20, 2008, 02:07 AM
Wow! Yes! That is a feature I would have loved so much back in 1.1.4 Jailbreak days! And thank you both you & Apple for 1 suggesting the feature & 2 Apple implementing it!

Thanks!

SuperMacMan

iTeen
Jul 20, 2008, 02:10 AM
good idea, send it in to apple, they might just listen.

archurban
Jul 20, 2008, 04:24 AM
sorry, that function is already existed. when you hold .com button, edu, org... coming out.

dasikes
Jul 20, 2008, 08:37 AM
huh.. I learned something new! I love the Touch forum!

sportsfrk214
Jul 20, 2008, 12:49 PM
sorry, that function is already existed. when you hold .com button, edu, org... coming out.

It exists now with 2.0. It didn't 4 months ago when I suggested it.

scotty96LSC
Jul 20, 2008, 01:02 PM
Geez. You learn something every day.

fbboi999
Jul 20, 2008, 04:52 PM
Uhh... Congrats I guess LOL

That is a really helpful feature!