PDA

View Full Version : Apple and pears

Cleopatra
Mar 2, 2008, 02:35 PM
What is all this talk about apple and nothing about pears?

In Norway we have a game for children, it goes like this:

Epler og pærer
de henger på trærne.
Når de blir modne
så faller de ned.
En- to- tre

In english it will be like this I think:

Apples and pears
hanging on trees.
When they get ripe
they will fall down.
One- two- three

Children and adults standing in a ring and hold hands. All are singing while going in a circle. After on- two- three they all "fall" to the floor - and then grow up again. Small children love to play this again and again.

dukebound85
Mar 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
you have lost me

Hankster
Mar 2, 2008, 02:40 PM
I know you're working on some good avatars for the contest, but I don't see where this fits in... Did I miss something?

Cleopatra
Mar 2, 2008, 03:01 PM
No wonder, I attached the wrong pear :o

Primejimbo
Sep 2, 2008, 05:22 PM
Some TV shows I watch w/ my daughter the people have "Apple" computers but instead of an apple, its a pear.

jbucaran
Sep 5, 2008, 10:10 AM
It could be worst. Plus pears have always be the archi enemies of Apples. :apple:

sunfast
Oct 1, 2008, 04:54 AM
In Lahndan, Apples and Pears are stairs mate.

fredsarran
Oct 3, 2008, 05:20 AM
Well, we would have a serious problem if Microsoft was called Pear instead :)

Reflow
Dec 25, 2008, 11:07 AM
Some TV shows I watch w/ my daughter the people have "Apple" computers but instead of an apple, its a pear.

I think the show you are talking about it iCarly, which also my daughter watches. It's cool how they changed to glow as a pear instead of an apple.

TinyHulk
Jan 4, 2009, 12:06 PM
you have lost me

Same for me.. :(

Nikos
Jan 31, 2009, 03:00 PM
I like oranges.

iSaygoodbye
Feb 2, 2009, 06:42 PM

thats bcuz the creators were too lazy to get copyright or apple wouldnt give it haha:p

dejo
Feb 2, 2009, 06:47 PM
thats bcuz the creators were too lazy to get copyright or apple wouldnt give it haha:p
Actually, more often than not these creators request Apple to pay a product-placement fee. Since Apple doesn't (and never has), the creators decide to cover up the logo rather than give Apple free advertising.

~*allison*~
Feb 8, 2009, 09:52 AM
Actually, more often than not these creators request Apple to pay a product-placement fee. Since Apple doesn't (and never has), the creators decide to cover up the logo rather than give Apple free advertising.

Yeah. My daughter watches this show that does that. "iCarly" I think. Personally I think Apple's getting a little free advertising anyway. "PearPod"? C'mon, like there are many famous "Pod's" without an "i" in from of them anymore. Lol. :p

raclotz
Mar 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
what...//// i am lost here...

basketball762
Mar 20, 2009, 11:44 PM

Yeah I love when they show the pear instead of the apple, however I like when they show the pineapple better, it looks cool.

michael.lauden
Mar 20, 2009, 11:57 PM

yeah on every disney channel show they do that!

haha

madog
Nov 21, 2009, 01:02 PM
Apples get all the love! What ever happened to the poor old pear? It's just as good, if not better! Sweet and delicious, I say.

wywern209
Dec 10, 2009, 04:49 PM
lol yeah. i did see macboosk in the open with no logo covering in House tho..

fireshot91
Dec 13, 2009, 05:48 PM
I know I'm late and everything, but that game sounds a lot like Ring-Around the Rosie.