Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

losername

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
How do all,

I was on the verge of 'pulling the trigger' on a new MBP when perusing these forums I noticed something which concerned me greatly:

• A guy in another forum mentioned that the trackpad 'tap' functionality did not work in Windows.:eek:
This on it's own is a bit of a blow to me, but not a show stopper, however, it got me thinking that there might be other areas of critical functionality which have been neutered in Windows through Bootcamp.

I'm realistic enough to recognise that the new trackpad functions won't work, but is there anything else I need to be aware of? I'm planning to use Windows as the primary OS since I have some specific software which only runs there.

I can just about overlook the Ctrl key being in the wrong place, but if there's too much else I think I'll have to start my laptop search again...:confused:

Thanks for any advice.

Losername.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
Nope all the neccessary drivers are on the install disk,once you
have installed windows you pop in the disk ( while still in windows )
and your good to go

Not sure about the trackpad as i dont own a new MBP YET

neilhart

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
SF Bay Area - Fremont
Tap is not implemented!

In BootCamp Windows you will find that you can not "tap" to select! This is a major annoyance.

Neil
MBP Santa Rosa w Leopard 10.5.2

losername

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
In BootCamp Windows you will find that you can not "tap" to select! This is a major annoyance.

One point of clarification... When you say 'tap to select' are we talking about the same thing? I am assuming we're saying you cannot tap on the pad to perform a left click?

Cheers,

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Are we so lazy that we can't use that HUGE button below the trackpad?

losername

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Are we so lazy that we can't use that HUGE button below the trackpad?

YES Damn it:D

This is about ease of use and ergonomics - Mac go to all the trouble of giving us these faster/simpler ways of accomplishing frequently used actions and then decide that Windows users don't have the same requirements!

I'm not going to do a time and motion analysis on this, but it's a function I want!

...back to the drawing board :mad:

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
Losername

If your referring to the right click menu.
It doen't work like on osx but its there

you use 2 fingers on the trackpad then click the button to get right click menu..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.