Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjd84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I recently have found a problem. I use my macbook to watch a lot of dvds. I have never had a problem until about a month ago. I went to put in an arrested development season disc and my dvd player wouldn't play it. It makes the sound as if its about to read it then sort of dies and tries again and repeats that until it spits the dvd out. The dvd is not scratched or anything. Its brand new actually. And just recently this happened again with the Dexter season. What's weird is sometimes it will play the discs and other days it wont. Its VERY frustrating. Any help? I am pretty mac illiterate.

tremendous

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
UK? Yeah I'm OK. Stop asking.
I recently have found a problem. I use my macbook to watch a lot of dvds. I have never had a problem until about a month ago. I went to put in an arrested development season disc and my dvd player wouldn't play it. It makes the sound as if its about to read it then sort of dies and tries again and repeats that until it spits the dvd out. The dvd is not scratched or anything. Its brand new actually. And just recently this happened again with the Dexter season. What's weird is sometimes it will play the discs and other days it wont. Its VERY frustrating. Any help? I am pretty mac illiterate.

just make sure the discs don't have fingerprints or anything. not saying this is the cause but make sure they have no marks at all and try again. at least rule that out before you cart it to the apple store and they laugh at you...

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
Hmm... on my desktop when that happened, it was as a part of a death march that the optical drive made before calling it quits. It also brought with it an assortment of exciting finder hangs, dvd player hang-ups, and general frustrations.

Hope that's not the case here (always less fun with a laptop), but that was my experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.