PDA

View Full Version : How do I...get the state of the pointer?

neuropulse
Mar 4, 2008, 01:24 PM
Greetings,

Just joined. My first post. Learning programming.

How do I get the state of the cursor?

(This is for use in a macro program that I want a cursor change to trigger events.)

Thanks

p.s. It would be great of there were a forum/database/wiki where people can ask and answer "how to" question and accumulate a large library of answers.

Eraserhead
Mar 4, 2008, 01:42 PM
Well a Mac Guide can be created for this, its a good idea.

yeroen
Mar 4, 2008, 04:01 PM
That's a very general question. Which database, API, and language are you using?

jeremy.king
Mar 4, 2008, 05:06 PM
It would be great of there were a forum/database/wiki where people can ask and answer "how to" question and accumulate a large library of answers.
This is a forum where you can do just that :confused:

neuropulse
Mar 4, 2008, 07:54 PM
That's a very general question. Which database, API, and language are you using?

Apple's software. Xcode, Objective C.

neuropulse
Mar 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
This is a forum where you can do just that :confused:

I'm thinking of something organized into a database searchable and browsable by various criteria. Every page would be an answer to a "How do I..." question and have a snippet of code.

HiRez
Mar 4, 2008, 08:43 PM
NSCursor *currentCursor = [NSCursor currentCursor];Well that's how you get the current cursor itself, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the state of", other than that.

neuropulse
Mar 4, 2008, 09:13 PM
NSCursor *currentCursor = [NSCursor currentCursor];Well that's how you get the current cursor itself, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the state of", other than that.

That's what I meant. Thanks.