PDA

View Full Version : More PC users on DailyTunes/Macrumors?

srobert
Oct 29, 2003, 01:58 PM
I wonder if the increasing popularity of iTunes for windows will bring a wave of PC users to our favourite forums.

Have you guys seen an increase of new users these past few days? Then again, DailyTunes.com is brand new and has not been advertise around. I wonder how your casual PC user could come across the site.

Just random thoughts.

RebelWithoutaPC
Dec 14, 2003, 07:34 PM
Well... I am 'sort of' a switcher. Do I count? hehe... Well I would expect them to come to DailyTunes more than Mac Rumours 'cuz iTunes for PC isn't really a "Mac" thing (although it will still always be an "Apple" thing and definitly a "Tunes" thing)
[I said that I was 'sort of' a switcher because the PC i used to use is not one that i bought for myself. It was borrowed, and I don't know if you can really hold that against me. The first computer i ever bought for myself was this 17 inch Powerbook.]
I also think that true music discussion forums need more subdivisions than this... sheesh

SeaFox
Dec 15, 2003, 02:35 AM
I feel like I've seen some new users. I have seen rashes of bad music getting recommendations.

One problem with being an end user-opinion site, you have no way of telling who is an actual user and who is a record company stooge just plugging their latest hits.

akynirew
Mar 21, 2004, 03:58 PM
I'm a PC user, and yes, I do mainly use DailyTunes. I didn't see a thread to say how much you love DailyTunes, so I'm just gonna say it here.

I LOVE DAILYTUNES. This is awesome I can rant about music I love and other people will tell me about stuff that I might like.

I do, however, prefer WinAMP to iTunes. WinAMP 5 is still smaller, has notifications and global hotkeys, but i Tunes keeps my library updated and organized..... Either way, DailyTunes is greatness. I hope it remains safe from company goonies and trolls....