Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintyuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
In Japan at least Nintendo put out The T.V. Guide Channel!!!!! :eek:

It looks pretty sweet too. You can use your wiimote as a remote control too.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/17871

Attachments

• wii_tv_channel_guide_thing_13.jpg
    wii_tv_channel_guide_thing_13.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 88

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Yay? Unless it shows the TV over the Wii who cares? Then again considering that the Wii is 480p and has no mass storage watching TV on the Wii over my TiVo HD would be a downgrade.

Another useless tool for the masses, all companies do this I suppose but the Wii has done a great job at having a lot of shovelware on their system.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Yay? Unless it shows the TV over the Wii who cares? Then again considering that the Wii is 480p and has no mass storage watching TV on the Wii over my TiVo HD would be a downgrade.

Another useless tool for the masses, all companies do this I suppose but the Wii has done a great job at having a lot of shovelware on their system.

actually as far as i heard you can sign up with your mobile phone number and if you have a TV show on your "want to view list" coming up with a few minutes left to go it notifies you with a text message

something which i find quite interesting

and Tivo is available in how many countries ? (and it's overkill for most people and is costing a lot of money many people don't want to spend)

personally i still use the internet for checking the TV program .. simply because Tv channels are too lazy and complicated with their Teletext program and EPG is even more dog slow

i hope it gets released around here ... i'd like the text/e-mail notification system around here

Antares

macrumors 68000
Does anyone use the Wii channels?

hellza yeah! I use the shop channel, weather channel, Mii channel, Everbody Votes channel....

This TV guide channel could be great! Right now, I have to go to my computer to see what's on later in any given evening. A tv guide channel would mean that I wouldn't have to get up to go to my computer...and wear down the computer in the process.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Eh, not very useful if you already have cable or dish, or any other service that provides a guide. Nintendo should create a YouTube channel if anything, something like the Touch offers.

Ed, my brother has a Tivo HD, does that also make him uber? ;)

<]=)

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Eh, not very useful if you already have cable or dish, or any other service that provides a guide.

Depends. My cable provider's box interface is far from being user friendly. Actually, it's a pain to use for anything more than the basic functions. It's slow and unresponsive. (Scientific Atlanta)

If the Wii version is any better… meh… I would probably still don't use it. There's so little left worth watching on TV. Still, good news for people who watch a lot of TV… in Japan.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
This is actually useful since it can text you right before a show starts and lets you see what your friends like and recommend. But anyone who has a TiVo or DVR will find it useless, so it's not a big deal for me.

But why does Japan get all of these channels first?? Where's our Everybody's Nintendo Channel? Nintendo, stop making new channels until you port the old ones to the rest of the world!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
... I still use the Weather channel every day...

*hides*

I would use the weather channel if it didn't just update once a day at midnight. :eek:

I guess the temperature at Nintendo's headquarters doesn't change throughout the day. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.