Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crossingover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
In Sept. 2007 I posted on these forums asking you guys for advice buying my first mac. Leopard still hadn't been released so I decided to wait.

I played around with osx86 and really liked the OS, but it was so buggy I needed the real thing to really enjoy it.

Well now that the Macbooks have been updated and Amazon has a $100 rebate I decided to go for it.

My new 2.4Ghz black macbook will arrive this thursday! I'm also going to stick in 4GB of G.Skill Ram and max it out :)

..And this is coming from a life-long windows user, who HATED apple !!!

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I am glad you finally came to the light! Many happy hours Mac-ing to you and congrats - you won't be sorry.

Remember, no matter what - stay w. the OS. I've seen wanna-converts who have dual systems relapse into Windowdom. The familiar won't teach you the new.

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
I still have my XP hooked up. We've spent a lot of time together finding drivers. It was a labor of love.

Now with my black Mac I finally have time to use the goddamn programs. I don't know anyone with a Mac in my circle of friends, because there are so many haters. I'm so glad I got one.

I'm a musician and when I plug things in to start a recording and it says "Would you like to use this?". I get a fuzzy feelin.

In one year I think I had one issue. I can't even remember what it was if that makes you feel better.

Have fun with it. Do your homework so it will work for your lifestyle.

Here's a start. http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/06/top-100-mac-apps/

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
In Sept. 2007 I posted on these forums asking you guys for advice buying my first mac. Leopard still hadn't been released so I decided to wait.

I played around with osx86 and really liked the OS, but it was so buggy I needed the real thing to really enjoy it.

Well now that the Macbooks have been updated and Amazon has a $100 rebate I decided to go for it.

My new 2.4Ghz black macbook will arrive this thursday! I'm also going to stick in 4GB of G.Skill Ram and max it out :)

Not sure why you hated apple BUT, I can tell you that after 25 years or so of building and using PC's I switched to a Mac a little over 2 years ago and till today I do not EVER regret doing so!

In fact just yesterday I got my Macbook Black Refurb and I can tell you that you will LOVE it. Have fun and enjoy your new MacBook! ;)

crossingover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
It's here!!!! At first I was a bit worried because the amazon box was really banged up and I saw the ups guy just throw it down when he reached my frontdoor, but the apple box was unharmed and everything is PERFECT!!

I love the simplicity of the macbook its AMAZING!

I had it up in running in less than 5 minutes.

I'm typing this from my new macbook right now and I love the feel of the keyboard!

I just installed firefox -- just drag and drop!? so easy!

Macbook is blazing fast! and thats with the standard 2GB

Came with a fujitsu hdd, pretty quiet
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
:) <-- i'm a happy customer/convert

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
It's here!!!! At first I was a bit worried because the amazon box was really banged up and I saw the ups guy just throw it down when he reached my frontdoor, but the apple box was unharmed and everything is PERFECT!!

I love the simplicity of the macbook its AMAZING!

I had it up in running in less than 5 minutes.

I'm typing this from my new macbook right now and I love the feel of the keyboard!

I just installed firefox -- just drag and drop!? so easy!

Macbook is blazing fast! and thats with the standard 2GB

Came with a fujitsu hdd, pretty quiet
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
:) <-- i'm a happy customer/convert

That's GREAT! Good for you! Now have a blast with it! I know I am with mine--))) ;)

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007

You shot your MacBook??? OMG!

Just kidding. The title of the thread is funny!

But Congratulations!

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth

Welcome. I hope you will be as surprised and happy as I was and am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.