PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Contest: Best Static Avatar

Doctor Q
Mar 4, 2008, 04:15 PM
This poll will determine the winner of the Best Static Avatar category of the Five Million Post Avatar Contest. Vote for your favorite!

All MacRumors members can vote once in each poll:Best Static Avatar (this poll)

Best Animated Avatar

Best MacRumors-Themed Avatar
The finalists, listed in random order, were selected by the forum moderators, excluding moderators who were also contestants. We ask that you vote based on technical skill, creativity, and humor, rather than based on member status, comments in the contest threads or this thread, or other factors not related to the contest criteria.

This poll will be open through the end of Friday March 7, 2008, closing at midnight EST. At that time, the entry with the highest vote count wins. In the case of a tie, the winner is determined by which avatar was first submitted to the contest.

The winner will receive priceless bragging rights, a Contest Winner badge http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest_winner.png next to all of their forum posts, and a featured spot in a contest gallery to be posted after the contest ends.

Thank you to all of the members who entered the contest or commented on the entries. Good luck to the finalists. May the best (static) avatar win!

SkyBell
Mar 4, 2008, 04:58 PM
I totally adore that classic apple theme in the iTunes logo. Maybe I can make that my default iTunes icon? That would be rad. :cool:

iDAG
Mar 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
I totally adore that classic apple theme in the iTunes logo. Maybe I can make that my default iTunes icon? That would be rad. :cool:

Did you really just say rad? :cool:

Eraserhead
Mar 4, 2008, 05:54 PM

She's young enough that it may just be cool again.

SkyBell
Mar 4, 2008, 07:14 PM

"Cool" just wasn't the right word. :)

iDAG
Mar 4, 2008, 08:10 PM
She's young enough that it may just be cool again.

I'm 16. I should know what's cool. :cool:

"Cool" just wasn't the right word. :)

I would have used retro instead of rad... :rolleyes:

majordude
Mar 5, 2008, 12:15 AM
Hey! What about my avatar!?

Doctor Q
Mar 5, 2008, 12:29 AM
Hey! What about my avatar!?Fear and Loathing in Mexifornia?

DukeofAnkh
Mar 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
This one was the hardest to choose from. Well done to all the entrants.

SkyBell
Mar 6, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm 16. I should know what's cool. :cool:

I would have used retro instead of rad... :rolleyes:

Want proof that I'm slow? It took me this long to realize that's the word I meant to say. :o

forafireescape
Mar 6, 2008, 07:53 PM
With the iTunes one, you can't really tell it's also Apple. It just looks like a rainbow iTunes icon. I mean, you can piece it together in the context of this contest, but if I was just seeing it randomly, I wouldn't realize the rainbow was because of the old school rainbow Apple icon. Maybe that's just me though.

iDAG
Mar 7, 2008, 04:34 PM
Want proof that I'm slow? It took me this long to realize that's the word I meant to say. :o

LOL, maybe if you were old enough to drive then you would had thought of it. :p

Doctor Q
Mar 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, we have had to disqualify one entry in the Best Static Avatar category, for violating the Contest Rules (rule #6). It came to our attention that there was an organized campaign to pad votes for one contest entry. Votes for that entry will not be counted, and we apologize to the members who voted for the entry that is now disqualified, because they will not be able to cast new votes. The contest was for fun, and we regret that some of that fun was diminished.

The poll remains open until midnight tonight. Those who have not yet voted are still welcome to do so.

richard.mac
Mar 7, 2008, 10:03 PM
how to i get into this Static avatar contest?

Doctor Q
Mar 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
Mitthrawnuruodo is the winner of the Best Static Avatar category of the Five Million Post Avatar Contest.
http://images.macrumors.com/im/5mcontest/Mitthrawnuruodo-3.gif
Mitthrawnuruodo's contest avatar thread is iTunes classic. The avatar is a modified version of the iTunes logo, with classic Apple colors.

Congratulations to Mitthrawnuruodo, and to the other contest participants as well!