PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Contest: Best Animated Avatar

Doctor Q
Mar 4, 2008, 04:15 PM
This poll will determine the winner of the Best Animated Avatar category of the Five Million Post Avatar Contest. Vote for your favorite!

All MacRumors members can vote once in each poll:Best Static Avatar

Best Animated Avatar (this poll)

Best MacRumors-Themed Avatar
The finalists, listed in random order, were selected by the forum moderators, excluding moderators who were also contestants. We ask that you vote based on technical skill, creativity, and humor, rather than based on member status, comments in the contest threads or this thread, or other factors not related to the contest criteria.

This poll will be open through the end of Friday March 7, 2008, closing at midnight EST. At that time, the entry with the highest vote count wins. In the case of a tie, the winner is determined by which avatar was first submitted to the contest.

The winner will receive priceless bragging rights, a Contest Winner badge http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest_winner.png next to all of their forum posts, and a featured spot in a contest gallery to be posted after the contest ends.

Thank you to all of the members who entered the contest or commented on the entries. Good luck to the finalists. May the best (animated) avatar win!

Bobdude161
Mar 4, 2008, 05:33 PM
hmmm i wonder who i picked? :p

kkat69
Mar 4, 2008, 05:47 PM

Don't look at me I had my eyes closed :eek:

CalBoy
Mar 4, 2008, 08:35 PM

I actually voted for Blue's avatar because I thought it brought together nice elements. I just wish the timing was slightly better, but it's not big enough of a deal to not vote for it. :)

rdowns
Mar 4, 2008, 08:42 PM
Don't tell iBlue but I voted for kkat69. Seems the perfect logo for the demi forums, er, I mean, the red light district. :D

kkat69
Mar 4, 2008, 08:42 PM
I actually voted for Blue's avatar because I thought it brought together nice elements. I just wish the timing was slightly better, but it's not big enough of a deal to not vote for it. :)

I like it. I've always liked Macromedia/Adobe's Icon Style.

Timing... if you can take some constructive critique, maybe also blend the text slowly, fadeout->fadein. Just an observation, probably not the place for it. :D

Don't tell iBlue but I voted for kkat69. Seems the perfect logo for the demi forums, er, I mean, the red light district. :D

ohhh you naughty. Now I got idea's for a new Avatar.

SkyBell
Mar 4, 2008, 09:04 PM
I voted for DukeOfAnkh, absolutely classic. :)

I also love ttop's avatar too.

DukeofAnkh
Mar 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
I voted for DukeOfAnkh, absolutely classic. :)

I also love ttop's avatar too.

:D I'm just stoked I made the finals.

ttopp
Mar 5, 2008, 07:08 PM
snap duke..

thanks for those who voted ;)

iBlue
Mar 7, 2008, 03:16 AM
I actually voted for kkat69 too, because I think it's the best one. I couldn't bring myself to vote for my own, that is just tacky.

see?

106760 (italics show your vote)

but I was flattered to even be in the final.

kkat69
Mar 7, 2008, 08:58 AM
I actually voted for kkat69 too, because I think it's the best one. I couldn't bring myself to vote for my own, that is just tacky.

see?

106760 (italics show your vote)

but I was flattered to even be in the final.

I am flattered that you did vote for me. I believe I mentioned earlier, I love Adobe/Macromedia icons. Was a nice tribute to 2 great products. Adobe, and MR (ok well most of the MR Forums).

TY.

PS. I love the []D[][]\/[][]D. I've actually used that quite a bit in the old mIRC days. :D

Bobdude161
Mar 7, 2008, 02:45 PM
I am flattered that you did vote for me. I believe I mentioned earlier, I love Adobe/Macromedia icons. Was a nice tribute to 2 great products. Adobe, and MR (ok well most of the MR Forums).

TY.

PS. I love the []D[][]\/[][]D. I've actually used that quite a bit in the old mIRC days. :D

what is []D[][]\/[][]D? :O jw

Doctor Q
Mar 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
kkat69 is the winner of the Best Animated Avatar category of the Five Million Post Avatar Contest.
http://images.macrumors.com/im/5mcontest/kkat69-4.gif
kkat69's contest avatar thread is MacRumors open all day EVERYDAY. The avatar was inspired by the MacRumors 24/7 avatar submitted by Bobdude161, who was a winner in last year's 4,000,000 Post Ultimate Apple Fanatic Contest.

Congratulations to kkat69, and to the other contest participants as well!

iBlue
Mar 10, 2008, 11:44 AM
what is []D[][]\/[][]D? :O jw

look at it in my sig - []D [] []V[] []D

(if you still don't know, it says PIMP) :D

johnnysart
Jun 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
So how often do you have these contest?

johnny.

Doctor Q
Jun 23, 2008, 12:28 AM
So how often do you have these contest?

johnny.
It was determined by when we reached milestones we decided to celebrate with a contest. Since milestones have gotten closer and closer together, however, we have not committed to maintaining that pattern.1,000,000 Post Avatar Contest - August 2004

2,000,000 Post Avatar Contest - December 2005

3,000,000 Post Apple Advertisement Contest - October 2006

4,000,000 Post Ultimate Apple Fanatic Contest - August 2007

Five Million Post Avatar Contest - February 2008

kingshrubb
Aug 16, 2008, 04:48 PM
I like ttopp's the most but think it should spin a tad slower :)