PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Contest: Best MacRumors-Themed Avatar

Doctor Q
Mar 4, 2008, 04:15 PM
This poll will determine the winner of the Best MacRumors-Themed Avatar category of the Five Million Post Avatar Contest. Vote for your favorite!

All MacRumors members can vote once in each poll:Best Static Avatar

Best Animated Avatar

Best MacRumors-Themed Avatar (this poll)
The finalists, listed in random order, were selected by the forum moderators, excluding moderators who were also contestants. We ask that you vote based on the "MacRumors" theme, technical skill, creativity, and humor, rather than based on member status, comments in the contest threads or this thread, or other factors not related to the contest criteria.

This poll will be open through the end of Friday March 7, 2008, closing at midnight EST. At that time, the entry with the highest vote count wins. In the case of a tie, the winner is determined by which avatar was first submitted to the contest.

The winner will receive priceless bragging rights, a Contest Winner badge http://images.macrumors.com/im/contest_winner.png next to all of their forum posts, and a featured spot in a contest gallery to be posted after the contest ends.

Thank you to all of the members who entered the contest or commented on the entries. Good luck to the finalists. May the best (MacRumors-themed) avatar win!

acearchie
Mar 5, 2008, 12:15 PM
Wohoo I made the final!

Everyone vote for me now!

ha

Good luck everyone!

Hitch507
Mar 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
well done guys, they all look really good, i really like that one by acearchie!! its mac-rific!

MicBook
Mar 5, 2008, 12:32 PM
good job I like them all good luck

Cleopatra
Mar 6, 2008, 03:15 AM
This is so great, I made the final.

And thanks a lot to all those who voted for me. :)

acearchie
Mar 6, 2008, 06:05 AM
This is so great, I made the final.

And thanks a lot to all those who voted for me. :)

Looks like you and me are running neck and neck! Good luck to you! Should be an interesting 2nd place race to the finish! Ha

Hankster
Mar 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
Funny thing is I made that avatar just for fun as a joke :) Never thought it would be picked :eek:

richard.mac
Mar 7, 2008, 10:05 PM
theres nothing saying dont tell who you voted for. so i voted for xUKHCx as we share something in common and its the only transparent 'tar.

Doctor Q
Mar 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
xUKHCx is the winner of the Best MacRumors-Themed Avatar category of the Five Million Post Avatar Contest.
http://images.macrumors.com/im/5mcontest/xUKHCx-1.png
xUKHCx's contest avatar thread is All your avatars are belong to us. The avatar is a recreation of the MacRumors logo made from a collage of the avatars of forum members. Other and larger versions of the image are available -- see the thread for details.

Congratulations to xUKHCx, and to the other contest participants as well!