PDA

View Full Version : Logo critique

Topher15
Mar 4, 2008, 11:44 PM
Here some recent work I did for a uni project. I wouldn't mind some critique.

Topher15
Mar 4, 2008, 11:46 PM
Few more...

JE-Illustration
Mar 5, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'd like to give a shot on the assist logo. I think I like the blue one, second down... but make it like you did the last one where you have no sides. And have the dark blue gradient out to nothing to the sides. Does that make sense?

Personally the PI Design logo doesn't do much for me. Maybe keep the cubes in the circle but have the boxes 3d and over lapping the circle as if it's coming out of the circle.

Topher15
Mar 5, 2008, 12:29 AM
I'd like to give a shot on the assist logo. I think I like the blue one, second down... but make it like you did the last one where you have no sides. And have the dark blue gradient out to nothing to the sides. Does that make sense?
So you mean have the gradient go from dark blue to transparent with the transparent towards the edges?

i3iz
Mar 5, 2008, 01:11 AM
Personally the PI Design logo doesn't do much for me. Maybe keep the cubes in the circle but have the boxes 3d and over lapping the circle as if it's coming out of the circle.
pi is often used in circle calculations, not squares, have you thought about incorporating a circle instead? btw i really like the squares both decorative and rigid. top right 2 i think.

SwiftLives
Mar 5, 2008, 07:47 AM
Really dig the Pi logos. I actually like the squares, but I also kinda dig smart juxtaposition.

My only critique is pretty nitpicky.

As for the assist logo - it doesn't say 'assistance' to me. My suggestion would be to have the letters linked with each other rather than the super close keming - kind of how the boxes in the 'link' logo intersect. Does that make sense?

Also, and this may be because there are a fair number of Clemsonites around here, but the 'assist' logo with the three people in blue and orange is kinda of making me see a tiger paw.

Overall, that's some pretty great work.

LeviG
Mar 5, 2008, 07:55 AM
pi doesn't say pi to me it says TT, mainly due to it being straight in design, the pi symbol is curvy.

SAS - looks better in black but it doesn't look too 'stamped' which I assume is the intended look to me

Can't really say much else as theres no cotext as to what/who they're for.

Topher15
Mar 5, 2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Briefly, apart from the Pi logos, the logos were for a mini project to create a consistent identity for the student peer support department at uni (it was under different names in different campuses! :eek: ). 'Assist' was the name the heads of the dept. liked best. All five teams then worked on graphics for it. One of the other teams was picked.

SAS - looks better in black but it doesn't look too 'stamped' which I assume is the intended look to me

Yes, I had a stamp in mind for the SAS mock-up and was trying to create a brush to replicate the effect of a stamp - couldn't quite manage it!

JE-Illustration
Mar 5, 2008, 11:19 PM
So you mean have the gradient go from dark blue to transparent with the transparent towards the edges?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I like the bottom one how you did it, but I also like how the letters overlap in the blue on you did.

iheartapple
Mar 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
Few more...

I really like the assist ones.
Well done, good use of color & space.

I'm not sure how the Pi logo relates to the squares, what kind of company is it?

The SAS ones are also good.

kingslod
Mar 9, 2008, 09:11 PM
I like the linked logo concepts, but maybe the K should ride up higher to be more in-line with the other letters? It would be a little more conservative, but it might look more "solid." Cheers.

vixapphire
Mar 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
"Assist". is that someone's title or job description? I bet it would look great on someone's office door.

new-Mac-owner
Mar 21, 2008, 06:58 PM
what software is used to make these ? and how easy is it to learn?- thanks

Topher15
Mar 22, 2008, 02:57 AM
what software is used to make these ? and how easy is it to learn?- thanks

Photoshop

Yes, there'll be tons of video tutorials around the net. Try Youtube.

powermac_daddy
Mar 22, 2008, 06:29 PM
none