PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Unlocked 4GB iPhone (UK) (No longer for sale)

daneoni
Mar 5, 2008, 08:46 AM
Just wanted to get a price value for an unlocked 4GB iPhone in pristine condition with all accessories still intact in the original box. No dead pixels/scratches no scratches on the body only tiny scuffs on the chrome (trust me nothing major)

Running the latest 1.1.4 firmware with everything working...including locate me

By the way i'm in the UK

Star Destroyer
Mar 5, 2008, 09:34 AM
oh, i dont know... I just checked the apple refurb store and they have 8GB iphones going for 349$... i would say around 200$ - 225$ shipped if its in a good condition...

I wouldnt go lower then 190$.... really its your call in that range i believe.

scott pruett
Mar 5, 2008, 09:46 AM
yeah, I offered somewhere around $199 shipped, considering the AT&T refurbs going for that rate.

Star Destroyer
Mar 5, 2008, 09:48 AM
Its all up to him, otherwise you should just go buy the AT&T refurb then.. I really am not to up to date on those things since i am in Canada and they dont even sell iPhones in my country haha..

scott pruett
Mar 5, 2008, 10:22 AM
true, but I called my local store & they don't have any in stock.

figured it couldn't hurt to make a similar offer.

dylangurl21
Mar 5, 2008, 10:23 AM
I just got one in good condition for 200 shipped which was pretty good from what I had found both on here and on Craigslist (I don't touch eBay much these days). Even though the ATT refurbs are going for 199 there is still tax and they are hard to comeby (only sold in the NE I believe thus far). I have seen them on Craigslist for as high as 250 to 275 and eBay for about the same. Around here, like I said, I felt like I got a good deal on the 200 shipped and would shoot for somewhere around 225.

daneoni
Mar 5, 2008, 04:01 PM
so pretty much 100 give or take

Draddy
Mar 5, 2008, 04:11 PM
not to be a jerk, but I do think you guys might be talking him into a lower price than it is worth... True, AT&T stores are offering them for 200, but that is ONLY with a new contract, and in VERY VERY VERY limited supply. (in fact, I haven't heard of anyone getting a 4, only the 8gb ones.)

as well as only in the NE with limited supply.

if you 4GB iPhone is in really good shape, I don't see why you shouldn't ask 250-275 for it.

And at the same time, it is unlocked, while that won't get you anywhere on here, eBayers are too stupid to know that it's free to do, and generally will pay up to 330 for an unlocked 4GB iPhone. (Being that you are in Europe will also play to the worthiness of other European buyers wanting an unlocked iphone without insane shipping charges.

so, in conclusion, being honest I would say on here it's worth 250, online it's worth 300.

That being said, let me know if you want to sell it for 200 :D

daneoni
Mar 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah i was just thinking about that after all the average macrumor user is more knowledgeable than the normal consumer. I might put it on ebay and see what i can get...after all i've sold a friend's unlocked 8GB for 400 before

MacRumorUser
Mar 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'd certainly offer €200 (153) easy for a 4GB. Is the phone sim unlocked (I assume so being a 4GB model). You probably get a lot more on ebay easy.

daneoni
Mar 5, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah it's sim unlocked

MacRumorUser
Mar 5, 2008, 05:27 PM
Well my offer stands (I'll pay shipping separate) but I'm sure you'll probably get offered a lot more from someone, if you don't my offer will stand :)

Chrismcfall
Mar 6, 2008, 02:10 PM
I may be intrested, its either this or an eMac for me at the moment. I can offer you 150-180ish for it, if MacRumorUser doesnt end up buying.

EvanLugh
Mar 6, 2008, 02:14 PM
Are you willing to trade?
I'll give you 50-100 negotiable and a 4 month old, good as new Nokia N95 Smartphone with a 1GB memory card (5GB altogether)and accelerometer add-on.
Thanks and good luck :)

edit: i think my value is about 250, n95 on ebay are 170 approx :P

eyemacg5
Mar 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'd trade you for an N95 with 8gb card in great condition.

EvanLugh
Mar 6, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'd trade you for an N95 with 8gb card in great condition.

Off topic - i'm from derbyshire, too. :cool:

maxshanly
Mar 8, 2008, 02:18 PM
Would you be willing to trade it for a 16 GB iPod touch? It is just under three months old and in really good condition, other than a small scratch in the lower right corner of the metal rim (not the glass or screen) and the obvious scratches that come with having an iPod on the metallic back. I'll send it jailbroken and with all of the cables (if you want the headphones you can have them but I wouldn't advise it for hygiene reasons).

My eBay feedback can be found here: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mshanly

rickvanr
Mar 8, 2008, 04:03 PM
Would you consider shipping to Canada?

daneoni
Mar 8, 2008, 06:27 PM
So guys i thought long and hard about it...even consulted this guy (http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/gallery/popeobit/pope.jpg) but i've decided to keep the phone. It'll act as a holdover till a 3G iPhone comes out if ever in europe and probably be relegated to a secondary backup phone or an experimental phone from then on

Another realisation i had was that, finding a replacement phone wont exactly be easy after all nothing compares to the iPhone and even if i get another iPhone i wont have the luxury of a replacement if it goes wrong/faulty since i'll most likely be hacking/unlocking it..hence voiding the warranty. Since this one works perfectly i might as well hold on tight to it.

Thanks A LOT for all the tempting offers, i REALLY appreciated them and i hope you successfully find a 4GB iPhone soon.

Thanks once again.

PS Moderators please close this thread

Eson
Mar 8, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ill offer 325$ shipped to Sweden.