Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
So,

I just upgraded my macbook's hardrive to 250gb using a WD passport.

I got the new drive, formatted it to Mac os journaled, used carbon copy cloner to transfer my data, then did the actual drive swap.

Everything works a charm, except bootcamp!

Before I did the swap I deleted my boot camp partition with the intent to remake it, when I came to do it though, I started the assistant to get going and got this error:

bootcamperror.png

I tried repairing permissions, does anyone have a solution that might help before I have to reformat the drive and go to all the back up hassle?

Much love,

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
And yes, the cat in that picture IS as cute as its feet look.

:D

neilhart

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
SF Bay Area - Fremont
I don't understand (I don't use carbon copy, I use SuperDuper) did you copy BootCamp over to the new drive and then delete it?

The reason that I ask is that I will be going through the same process early next week on a MBP. I would like to not have the same problem.

Neil

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
No I deleted my Windows partition FIRST and then cloned the driver over, with the intent to then recreate it.

Any thoughts?

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
As far as I know the Boot Camp Assistant will only allow to partition a HDD that has a single partition, so maybe what is happening to you HDD is that the partition table is still seeing the HDD with more than one partition.
Try to make the partition that you will use to install Windows with Disk Utility to see if that works.
________
jugallette

Last edited:

neilhart

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
SF Bay Area - Fremont
Please Confirm Partition Table type

When you use Disk Utility, selecting the physical drive (not the partition), does it report "GUID partition table"?

Neil

neilhart

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
SF Bay Area - Fremont
I don't understand (I don't use carbon copy, I use SuperDuper) did you copy BootCamp over to the new drive and then delete it?

The reason that I ask is that I will be going through the same process early next week on a MBP. I would like to not have the same problem.

Neil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.