Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richdj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
hi guys some one in mac apps suggested i posted here

just bought a new MBP and final cut studio 2

started to install then half way through the install of audio contact disk one, it asked for the final cut disk again, i presumed that meant the install disk but it didnt eject the audio disk.
I manually ejected it and put the install disk back in. the computer then said the media was damaged . .... i was using the internet at the time and downloading messenger for mac.
do you think this might have caused the error or is there a problem with my programme, ive been very careful with the disks and literally was opening the envelopes as it asked for the disks , advice anyone ...?

been waiting so long to get this and now it wont work (grown man crying sob sob):(

vegar

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
F*ing leopard

I figured I had to upgrade to FCS2 after compressor stopped working when i installed Leopard.

The during installation the same thing happened to me (with the upgrade version), it doesn't eject the disc and when I manually eject it and put in the "Final Cut Studio" disk it crashes. Although the third time I tried (after trying to delete any previous trace of final cut studio) the error message changed to "The Installer could not install some files in "/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.