Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexanderTgreat

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Winnipeg canada
Well I just bit the bullet and bought a new macbook. As some of you are aware I did not have good luck with my last two macbooks but as my last one just had too many problems to continue using, I sent in for repair and bought one of the new models. I really can't say that I'm too confident that this macbook will end up being more reliable in the long run but as I don't want to fork out for a macbook pro at the moment, I had few other options. I actually came very close to buying a think pad T series for their great build quality but in the end, I thought that I would give mac another chance. Anyway wish me luck everyone

scotty56

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Oregon
Congrats! I thought about getting a pro, but money and reason said I needed a macbook. Not one regret though, every time I use it its like the first time all over again. I will never return to Windows :D

w.t.f

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
I just got a macbook as well, it's my first, but I am thoroughly enjoying it! Hope my luck is a little better then yours!

apthai

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
I also just got a MacBook last Friday. So far everything has been great! Hope you have better luck with your latest one.

doclouleigh

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
me too, me too!

After years of PC use, I decided in January (many, many hours spent doting over Apple products in the local Apple Store and drooling) to purchase an iMac. I have been more pleased than I could have ever imagined. I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week on a PC and since I've gotten my iMac, I've found myself highly frustrated with the delayed response of my work PC along with the many error messages and general disfunctionality of PC/Windows. I fell so in love with my iMac that I went back to the Apple store on this past Friday and purchased my first MacBook.

I am more than satisfied and recommend switching from PC to Mac to everyone!

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
After years of PC use, I decided in January (many, many hours spent doting over Apple products in the local Apple Store and drooling) to purchase an iMac. I have been more pleased than I could have ever imagined. I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week on a PC and since I've gotten my iMac, I've found myself highly frustrated with the delayed response of my work PC along with the many error messages and general disfunctionality of PC/Windows. I fell so in love with my iMac that I went back to the Apple store on this past Friday and purchased my first MacBook.

I am more than satisfied and recommend switching from PC to Mac to everyone!

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

Your experience is identical to mine when I switched to MAC after 20 plus years of windows. When IM at work doing something on a PC I continually am reminded why I left windoz!

I couldn't be any happier than with my iMac and new macbook. Best thing though is OSX!

Welcome aboard! ;)

doclouleigh

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Your experience is identical to mine when I switched to MAC after 20 plus years of windows. When IM at work doing something on a PC I continually am reminded why I left windoz!

I couldn't be any happier than with my iMac and new macbook. Best thing though is OSX!

Welcome aboard! ;)

Thanks...I've become slightly obsessed with Mac/Apple articles, forums, magazines, conversations, etc. My boyfriend says it's like I joined a cult and am trying to recruit everyone...I just can't help myself...I'm in looooove! :p

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
Congratulations on the new Macbook. I've been using an iMac for the past 5 years ( I upgraded to the new iMac 5 months ago ) and am currently waiting for delivery on my new white Macbook. I can't wait. It's my first laptop. I was given the use of one for a week recently and fell in love with it immediately.
Enjoy everyone that has bought one recently.

Mick

Pacer69

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
Yes, congrats! Be sure to post back on how it runs for you, battery life, etc. Many of us are curious to know about the new ones!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.