Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Are there any OSX web editors that can directly access a site and its files for on-line editing? I've become spoiled with FrontPage not having to FTP files back and forth. It's nice to be able to save to the live site. Adobe GoLive possibly?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Most web editors these days (Dreamweaver, GoLive) have the ability to manage sites by FTP or direct network connection, depending on the server's set up.

What's the set up like for you?

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
GoLive looks pretty good - I downloaded the Windows Demo this morning - don't have my new G5 yet :p I manage a few sites and it appears as though the ftp access method will work fine.

After my brief but successful review I bit the bullet and ordered the Mac version of Adobe's Creative Suite :eek: which includes GoLive, so I guess I'm good to go. I was going to need Photoshop and InDesign anyways for some other DTP that I do so it made sense to jump in for the package even though it's damn pricey. Then again, so is my new Mac :)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Yeah, the value of the CS suite is pretty hard to ignore. Have fun, and be sure to come back to show off your work or with help requests. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.