Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajmarton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I am a newbie to Macs and Fusion. I have a new MBA and installed Fusion 1.1.1 with no problem and loaded WinXP. Downloaded Fusion tools and all seemed to work. I suspended XP and shut down the system. When I run Fusion it loads fine and shows Win XP. I click on run and the XP window pops up with the resume button. I push that and everything disappears. Anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Andrew in LA.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Iiiiiiiinteresting. Exactly the same problem.

I'm having a number of issues with the Air, so I have to find time to reinstall it - won't be doing anything with VMWare until then. Either that or toss it over a cliff when the X300 + new hybrid TZ arrives.

However if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated in either thread.

howiedeano

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Fusion vanishing...

Hi, I had the same problem when I first installed fusion, every time I tried to 'run' windows it just quit fusion. I think it's the superdrive that's causing it, I disabled the CD/DVD drive 'connected' option in the settings, that fixed it for me...
Hope that helps.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
That copy of Windows is probably the happiest piece of software alive right now. Its also the closest Windows has ever come to High-Technolgy -- this of course, if Windows was a real person. :D

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Which is kind of funny, as all of my other copies of Windows on ultraportables run on higher-tech machines than the Air :p

What?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?! No wayyyyyy!

Macbook AIR is the epitome of HIGH TECH baby! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.