PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft is using G5 PowerMacs

Digital Hybrid
Oct 30, 2003, 09:30 AM
I just came over this url
http://www.itavisen.no/art/1302186.html - (in Norwegian)

Translation:
Mac-fan fired by Microsoft
- Took photos of G5 machines

A Mac-fan substitute at Microsoft was fired after taking pictures of a delivery of Apples powerful G5 machines.

The machines were ment for Microsofts printing works by the HQ in Redmond outside Seattle.

According to The Register, the substitute posted the images on his net diary (blogg), so that the Mac people could gloat over that even Microsoft prefers Mac instead of Windows PCs.

Was told to leave
When the Microsoft administration got knowledge about this, the substitute, who was working for Xerox in the Microsoft printing works, was fired immidately.

Now lets just hope that Microsoft are satisfied with their new macs.

Now this I LIKE :D
Apple Shall Prevail!

This thread was perhaps posted in the wrong forum...?

Capt Underpants
Nov 2, 2003, 12:26 PM
Hehe... That's pretty good. Maybe now even M$ sees the light!?!?!?!

caveman_uk
Nov 2, 2003, 01:26 PM
It's hardly surprising as microsoft have a mac division. Indeed they have a problem with Virtual PC not working on G5s so MS buying some G5s in probably a good thing!

applemacdude
Nov 2, 2003, 02:09 PM
Well they need teh macs to make thier mac products (i.e office) the ycant write mac apps with a pc

jamesatzones
Nov 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
It's good thing for MS to buy G5s. There should be a new Office coming out, they need to update Virtual PC to run on G5's. As much as Mac users hate MS there is is a love/hate relationship. MS does make some great software for the Mac and I see them creating more software soon... I know a few people in the Mac division at MS and they are pumped up about Panther and the G5...

We can hate em, we can talk trash all day long about them, but they do make some much needed apps for Apple. Maybe Apple will release some office product of their own, that would be cool.

Vector
Nov 2, 2003, 02:25 PM
I think some of you missed what the macs were said to be for. The article says that they went to the microsoft printing works. The article implies that microsoft is using them for their own desktop publishing not for development of office and vpc.

jamesatzones
Nov 2, 2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Vector
I think some of you missed what the macs were siad to be for. The article says that they went to the microsoft printing works. The article implies that microsoft is using them for their own desktop publishing not for development of office and vpc.

Well, Mac rule all around but when it come to publishing Macs have always had the edge. I wonder if MS uses quarky Quark or the nice and beautiful InDesign. I am a converter from Quark to InDesign and I only have a copy of Quark as an extreme backup that I have yet to use...

Thirteenva
Nov 2, 2003, 02:43 PM
Can't remember where i read it, but i saw an article about there being macs in the MS graphic design dept. and obviously the mac business unit has some.

rainman::|:|
Nov 2, 2003, 03:01 PM
for the record, the receiving dock is merely right next to the MSPrint office... so no, there's no reason to believe these went there. They were more than likely either for OS testing/reverse engineering, or software development for Office. it's not really a big deal at all, i'm sure they've always had at least a room full of Macs, but the photo happened to be humorous, so he posted it...

pnw