PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Application Request Thread

AREM
Mar 6, 2008, 07:49 PM
Sorry if this has been created before, but I thought it might be nice to have a list of requested apps that developers can look through and get some ideas.

Also, its a great way for developers to get a sense of what us users really want.

Here is my list.

1. LCARS

LCARS, or 'Library Computer Access Retrieval System', as any hardcore Star Trek fan will know, is the touch screen menu system that is used heavily on Star Trek. All of the starships are equipped with this computer system. They include voice commands and entirely touch based menus. I, as a hardcore Trekkie as most of us surely are, would absolutely LOVE to see an LCARS app that simulates one of the padds that are used frequently on the show. Have the app complete with authentic sound effects, computer voice (performed effortlessly by Majel Barrett-Roddenberry), and even look into using the mic on the iPhone for some basic voice commands.

With access to the iPhone apps, LCARS could even be used to control other apps and functions, all with the trademark Star Trek LCARS menu system.

Basically, it would just be a really, really, geeky and totally bad ass app to show off to friends and fellow Trekkies. Having a Tricorder app on my iPhone would be the most amazing celebration of geekness in the world.

Here is what TR-580 Tricorder VII looks like.

http://www.brain-junk.ch/uploads/Sci-Fi/tricorder2.jpg

And here is what the new Mark VII Tricorder style, and IMO better suited to the iPhone.

http://www.geocities.com/startrek_challenger/thumb_TricorderMarkXI.jpg

For those interested in pursuing this app, here are two websites describing the menu and providing visual examples.

http://www.lcarscom.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCARS

2. Mac Rumors

A native Mac Rumors app would be just fantastic. Have an area for live text and picture updates for Apple keynotes, an area for normal updates on the site, and just basic optimized access to the site, running on the phone.

I'll try and think of some more apps to post.

BOSS10L
Mar 6, 2008, 08:49 PM
Trekkies. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that Star Wars is where it's at. :cool:

gusapple
Mar 6, 2008, 08:50 PM
2. Mac Rumors

A native Mac Rumors app would be just fantastic. Have an area for live text and picture updates for Apple keynotes, an area for normal updates on the site, and just basic optimized access to the site, running on the phone.

I like this idea... I don't know...
I'll feel like an idiot if there is, but I don't think that we even have an iPhone web-app page on Macrumors, do we? :confused:

friekunater
Mar 8, 2008, 11:35 PM
Im thirteen years old. I got my iPod touch, not for work or productivity or anything like that... I want some games^^

My proposed ideas:

•Wheel of Fortune - would be perfect. slide your finger across the finger to spin the wheel and use the keypad to guess letters and solve

•Monopoly - maybe shake the iPod to roll dice... the board is rectangular like the iPhone screen so it shouldn't be cramped at all

•Bowling - if you've ever used a wii remote... well... maybe it would be just like that?

•Labyrinth - the same as it is on a jailbroken iPhone

•iPod classic emulator - two-in-one iPod. access your music, videos, and pictures if possible?

•Piano/Guitar Emulator - great way to practice (maybe not)

•The Sims - probably would be the most popular app but memory and battery would be a problem

•A Racing Game - use your iPhone as the steering wheel

•Remote Computer Access - befree is nice, but web browser kills it

•Photo Editing - always fun

These are some apps that I have thought of, but if I think of any more I'll update this. Respond please friek4@gmail.com

waterskier2007
Mar 9, 2008, 10:04 AM
•Monopoly - maybe shake the iPod to roll dice... the board is rectangular like the iPhone screen so it shouldn't be cramped at all

i believe the monopoly board is square

s8film40
Mar 9, 2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.lcarsdeveloper.com/

friekunater
Mar 9, 2008, 11:44 AM
i believe the monopoly board is square

A square is a rectangle lol

waterskier2007
Mar 9, 2008, 02:18 PM

in the technical sense but i doubt thats what he meant

domness
Mar 9, 2008, 03:12 PM

A rectangle has 2 sets of parallel sides like a square, however, 1 set of parallel sides is longer than the other two.

In conclusion, a square isn't a rectangle.

uwguy
Mar 9, 2008, 03:21 PM
I disagree. A square is a type of rectangle. A rectangle is generally defined as "a parallelogram with four right angles" [1] which to me seems to be more general definition of a square. If we look at the first definition of the word square we see that a square is "a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles". So really, squares are a subset of the set of possible rectangles.

[1]: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=rectangle
[2]: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=square

AREM
Mar 9, 2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.lcarsdeveloper.com/

I couldn't see anything when I clicked the link.......

And I totally agree with the idea for an iPod emulator. Complete with a click wheel! Damn, that would be so cool.

Also, if someone could write a visual recognition program where you could take a pic of something, and it would identify it. That would rock.

domness
Mar 9, 2008, 03:32 PM
And I thought I was good with shapes... ;)

EDIT - haha, I was thinking about the click wheel thing last night :P.

themightyspitz
Mar 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
I was just thinking about an iPod emulator the other day. One would be handy for playing iPod games on the iPhone or iPod Touch.

For me, I would personally like to see some form of Keynote, Pages, and Numbers on there. Palms can already do doc creation on theirs, so I would like to see something like that.

friekunater
Mar 9, 2008, 05:11 PM
I dont care. a square is still a rectangle... I was just being less specific. thats exactly what I meant... well maybe you could use a square section of the screen for the board and have the bottom section show your money and property. why does it matter lol? why is everyone so against me? lol

mholtz2323
Mar 9, 2008, 05:17 PM
I suggest a Landscape texting app. so the keys are widely spaced.

friekunater
Mar 10, 2008, 08:26 PM
new idea...

a texting app for iPod touch using email. log in using your email address and access your contact book through it. then, you could send and recieve text messages for free (-cost of app)

friekunater
Mar 10, 2008, 08:29 PM
how about an app to access and use your myspace page and look at friends's myspace through an iPhone-friendly interface?

~*allison*~
Mar 10, 2008, 08:32 PM
I suggest a Landscape texting app. so the keys are widely spaced.

I hope they have something like this. I like the way the whole texting program is set up on the phone already, I just wish that we'd be able to use it in landscape mode. They should make an update that would allow us to do this. It would be a lot easier (for me anyway) with a little space inbetween the letters.

friekunater
Mar 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
how about an insaniquarium-like game? feed the fish by clicking on the screen, rotate iPhone to move water, shake iPhone to bring up buy menu...?

friekunater
Mar 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
how about an MSN messenger client?

friekunater
Mar 10, 2008, 09:24 PM
or a pedometer using the accelerometer?

cantthinkofone
Mar 12, 2008, 08:20 AM
how about an MSN messenger client?

this alone would make me buy one.

lopsidedelf
Apr 10, 2008, 10:08 PM
I would love to see an iphone app that lets you use the iphone headphones to listen to a beat and then use the mic on the headphones to rap over the beats and record the rap over the beat. Good idea or am i alone on this one?

NewMacGirl
Apr 11, 2008, 07:05 PM
What I would like to see is some way of taking a note or recording whilst you are taking a phone call.

I frequently have people I'm speaking to on the phone give out say telephone numbers or directions or any other info like date, location and time of an appointment. Often you don't have a pen and paper handy to write these down so it would be good if you could type into the iphone a telephone number, name, address, driving directions, appointment location and time ANYTHING really . I can't do this with my existing phone.

Maybe you could have a record call feature where you could say to the caller OK I'm going to record you say your telephone number and any important details. So record the info then stop recording to save for later.

Then how about voice to speach recognition so the recorded call could be converted to a text note??.

If this is not possible then you could play back the recording note the information and then erase it. But maybe the recording could be done external to your iphone, like an answer phone. This could be a whole new service.

It's ironic that sometimes missed calls can be more useful than if you take the call as you have a permanent record of the recorded call and they usually only give you the essential info like numbers, directions etc.

So a make recording or notes during a call feature please Mr or Miss Application Makers.

Niiro13
Apr 11, 2008, 07:21 PM
What I would like to see is some way of taking a note or recording whilst you are taking a phone call.

I frequently have people I'm speaking to on the phone give out say telephone numbers or directions or any other info like date, location and time of an appointment. Often you don't have a pen and paper handy to write these down so it would be good if you could type into the iphone a telephone number, name, address, driving directions, appointment location and time ANYTHING really . I can't do this with my existing phone.

Maybe you could have a record call feature where you could say to the caller OK I'm going to record you say your telephone number and any important details. So record the info then stop recording to save for later.

Then how about voice to speach recognition so the recorded call could be converted to a text note??.

If this is not possible then you could play back the recording note the information and then erase it. But maybe the recording could be done external to your iphone, like an answer phone. This could be a whole new service.

It's ironic that sometimes missed calls can be more useful than if you take the call as you have a permanent record of the recorded call and they usually only give you the essential info like numbers, directions etc.

So a make recording or notes during a call feature please Mr or Miss Application Makers.

Note taking possible already: Just press the home button while you're in a call...then tap Notes. (to show that you're still on the call, there's a green bar at the top that says tap to return to call...but you're still talking with them)
Recording not possible...because only one app can be running at the same time (SDK terms of service...so while the application makers can do it for themselves, they won't be allowed to distribute it)

jabba52
Jun 25, 2008, 06:53 AM
I'd like someone, or Apple themselves (although unlikely) to allow the user to stop all the goofy animation that occurs whenever you open and close applications. I come from the pocket pc world where I was able to have several ptograms open at once and switch between them instantly without this very slow process of opening and closing apps and having to watch them minimize and then animate up every time. I must say this is classic Mac OS crap I'd love to see removed.

Thanks
Jabba!

BklynKid
Jun 25, 2008, 07:57 AM
Just give me some kind of GPS Navigation (I'm looking at you, TomTom) and I'll be more than happy.

robhedin
Jun 25, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'd like someone, or Apple themselves (although unlikely) to allow the user to stop all the goofy animation that occurs whenever you open and close applications. I come from the pocket pc world where I was able to have several ptograms open at once and switch between them instantly without this very slow process of opening and closing apps and having to watch them minimize and then animate up every time. I must say this is classic Mac OS crap I'd love to see removed.

Since, generally speaking, the only application actually open and running on the iPhone is the current application (the exceptions being the phone and ipod applications) I'm not sure it matters. When you press the home button the currently running application is terminated, when you press the applications icon, it is started. So, while the animations could be removed, you'd still have the application startup/shutdown delay.

rob.

johnellisdm
Jun 25, 2008, 05:53 PM
•Photo Editing - always fun

it isn't exactly photo editing, but we've been working on iToony:

http://www.itoony.com

which can do stuff like this:

ipodtouchy333
Jun 25, 2008, 05:58 PM
Mms! Mms! Mms!

davidlw
Jun 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
News reader program like Viigo.
Native Word and Excel programs.

tfast
Jun 25, 2008, 07:02 PM
There is a game on the PSP called Loco Roco. I think Sony owns the developer, so I doubt it would get ported to the iphone, but I think the idea is right down the iphone's alley as far as a cool game that uses the accelerometer. Check it out:

http://www.us.playstation.com/LocoRoco/

Turning the iphone left or right would make the character go left and right and then flicking the iphone, like the wheel in the Wii version of Mario Kart, would make the character hop. No buttons needed.

(BTW looks like someone already suggested this on another site)

KenF
Jun 25, 2008, 07:13 PM
I hope someone will create a cooking / shopping list application with the ability to browse and search the thousands of recipes on AllRecipes.com and/or Food.com (with their ratings), with the ability to bookmark/save favorite recipes locally to the iPhone in an organized fashion, and the ability to add the ingredients of a particular recipe to a shopping list which can be pulled up while you are at the grocery store.

When viewing the ingredients of a recipe, there would be a button for 'add all' and 'add selected,' with checkmark boxes next to each ingredient. You'd touch your finger to add a checkmark next to each ingredient in the recipe, then click add to add those ingredients to your shopping list.

ManUtd08
Jun 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
any soccer related app would be most appreciated

TheFam
Jun 25, 2008, 10:40 PM
A Yahoo Messenger client, like the one the tmobile sidekicks have.

Please please please

friekunater
Jun 25, 2008, 10:54 PM
Just give me some kind of GPS Navigation (I'm looking at you, TomTom) and I'll be more than happy.

being developed :)

believe there was a brief article on this in MR

adamerr
Jun 25, 2008, 11:22 PM
There is a game on the PSP called Loco Roco. I think Sony owns the developer, so I doubt it would get ported to the iphone, but I think the idea is right down the iphone's alley as far as a cool game that uses the accelerometer. Check it out:

http://www.us.playstation.com/LocoRoco/

Turning the iphone left or right would make the character go left and right and then flicking the iphone, like the wheel in the Wii version of Mario Kart, would make the character hop. No buttons needed.

(BTW looks like someone already suggested this on another site)

OMG!!!
loco roco on the iPhone would be AWESOME!

i would def. buy it then lol.

srent5
Jun 26, 2008, 03:08 AM
A password lock for specified applications. For instance, a password lock for the mail app only, or for mail and which ever other app you choose. I don't use the current password lock, because I don't want to put in a password every time to simply wake the phone from sleep to view my home screen.

bluesbrother60
Jun 26, 2008, 09:43 PM
I would love to see a Delicious Library iPhone version or something like a wish list. Mainly because of this scenario.

How many times are you in a store like best buy or barnes & noble and see a book or movie and think, that would be cool to buy at some point. Rather than opening the note app you could just open the "Wish List" app and it could scan the barcode on the back and automatically add the item to my wish list.

It would also be cool if it added links to amazon straight from the item's listing. That way if I were to want it right then I could order straight from the app itself. Or if nothing else I have a list of CDs and movies I want to buy right there on my person.

jcostaman
Jun 26, 2008, 10:14 PM
A password lock for specified applications. For instance, a password lock for the mail app only, or for mail and which ever other app you choose. I don't use the current password lock, because I don't want to put in a password every time to simply wake the phone from sleep to view my home screen.

It's called parental controls...

phishie
Jul 16, 2008, 12:40 PM
A shortcut icon on the main screen for each individual service; 3G, wifi, gps, and bluetooth so I can toggle them on/off with a single tap. No need to navigate the settings menu.

theshadow07039
Jul 16, 2008, 12:44 PM
1. Kenkyuusha waei jiten - The top japanese-english dictionary in the world for a person who takes the higher level proficiency exams like me have that on my iphone would be fantastic.

2. Xin SHi Ji Han Ying Ci Dian - Its just super convenient to have the worlds largest chinese dictionary on the iphone.

ihartapple
Jul 30, 2008, 07:52 PM
I know there are many apps out there that focus on following sports eg. MLB At Bat.

But i would like an application built that is made to follow one specific team. not just scores but news, blogs, and many others.

The application would include:

1. live scores of the games that team is playing (with link to box score)
2. links to the fan forum to read and discuss the team with other fans
3. page for latest news articles about the team (Rss Feed from specific news sources)
4. page for blog articles about the team (also rss feed)
5. page for team schedule and results
6. page for league standings and statistics

if someone could make a sample layout for an application and then all the fans who want the app have to do is enter the details of the team and the links to various sources for the info that would be awesome, as any other fans could create apps for following their fav sports team.

OR if someone just wants to create an app for me i wish to follow the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Mens Ice Hockey. some useful web sites for sources of info on the team are:

fightingsioux.com (official web site)
siouxsports.com (fan site with fan forum, blog links etc.)

Please someone do it for me???
Thanks

jmadlena
Jul 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
how about an app to access and use your myspace page and look at friends's myspace through an iPhone-friendly interface?

Before that can happen I think myspace should work on friends profiles being decent on a computer. If they can't get that right, how would they make it work for an iPhone?

TB07-NJ
Jul 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
A large digital clock that stays ON while in the charging dock (like Treo and Blackberry have).

hamptag
Jul 31, 2008, 05:07 AM

I would love a 1.1.4 myspace application, and a facebook too by the way:D

Ntombi
Jul 31, 2008, 05:28 AM
I know there are many apps out there that focus on following sports eg. MLB At Bat.

But i would like an application built that is made to follow one specific team. not just scores but news, blogs, and many others.

The application would include:

1. live scores of the games that team is playing (with link to box score)
2. links to the fan forum to read and discuss the team with other fans
3. page for latest news articles about the team (Rss Feed from specific news sources)
4. page for blog articles about the team (also rss feed)
5. page for team schedule and results
6. page for league standings and statistics

if someone could make a sample layout for an application and then all the fans who want the app have to do is enter the details of the team and the links to various sources for the info that would be awesome, as any other fans could create apps for following their fav sports team.

OR if someone just wants to create an app for me i wish to follow the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Mens Ice Hockey. some useful web sites for sources of info on the team are:

fightingsioux.com (official web site)
siouxsports.com (fan site with fan forum, blog links etc.)

Please someone do it for me???
ThanksI would buy that.

And I'd like an AT&T My Accounts app. I wouldn't pay for it, but I'd use it. :)

prospereagle92
Jul 31, 2008, 11:18 PM
two words. MacRumors App.

trackstar0420
Aug 27, 2008, 01:48 AM
i would really like to find an app that has an alarm feature for every monday. i mean its standard on most cheap nokia and samsungs, that you can set an alarm to go off at the same time every monday.(or any day of the week) maybe there is already a way to do this outside of the calender feature because that alert will not wake me up!

Niiro13
Aug 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
i would really like to find an app that has an alarm feature for every monday. i mean its standard on most cheap nokia and samsungs, that you can set an alarm to go off at the same time every monday.(or any day of the week) maybe there is already a way to do this outside of the calender feature because that alert will not wake me up!

Wait...doesn't Apple have an easier solution than the calendar? Tap Clock, tap Alarms, tap add, tap Repeat, tap "Every Monday".

trackstar0420
Aug 28, 2008, 09:32 AM
Wait...doesn't Apple have an easier solution than the calendar? Tap Clock, tap Alarms, tap add, tap Repeat, tap "Every Monday".

wow, i cant believe i missed that! thank you

angasreid
Aug 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
Here are 2 that I would like to see in Cydia/Installer maybe appstore:

1) "Categories" -which allowed you to group programs into a folder and choose an icon for it. For example a folder called games, then let you put all your games into it.

2) "Devicescape" or a WiFi log-in program. I have been missing this program dearly. The university where I go to school has unprotected wifi, but once connected you have to log in on a website. Really annoying because if I walk on or near campus, the iphone connects to the wifi and asks for a user and pw on the webpage I was just browsing.

If anyone has or knows of an alternative to either of these two, please let me know.

dccorona
Aug 29, 2008, 12:57 PM
in the technical sense but i doubt thats what he meant

probably is
cuz hes the one who said that

dccorona
Aug 29, 2008, 12:59 PM
I disagree. A square is a type of rectangle. A rectangle is generally defined as "a parallelogram with four right angles" [1] which to me seems to be more general definition of a square. If we look at the first definition of the word square we see that a square is "a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles". So really, squares are a subset of the set of possible rectangles.

[1]: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=rectangle
[2]: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=square

all rectangles are squares
but squares are not all rectangles

dont ask me how that works
thats just how they teach it in geometry

whiteshark29
Sep 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
When you run the app it finds others with Gaydar in the surrounding area.
You can send pictures back and forth. you can disclose or reveal your location, name, identity, phone number, personal details...

Celris
Sep 6, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'd love to have a Casio VL-1 emulator on my iPhone :D

kinhkohann
Sep 6, 2008, 04:29 PM
It would also be nice to get automatically sent service alerts like the ones they have on their webpage. Heck, it would be nice to know when the next L train was leaving since they've got that information as well.

ardesigns
Sep 7, 2008, 09:46 AM
1. 20 Questions!!
2. Screenshot!!

-ARDesigns

ifreek
Sep 19, 2008, 08:41 AM
What about an app that you can use to type sms txt messages from your iMac, sent by your iPhone?

The main reason to use it would be to type messages easier.

mcgmark
Sep 19, 2008, 08:16 PM
I really want someone to port the old PC game Skyroads to the iPhone it was one of those simple games that I was addicted to as a kid and would be perfect for the iphone.

Where else can I post iphone app requests?

ploogle
Sep 22, 2008, 07:22 PM
Here's an idea, although it would be insanely difficult:

An app that connects to your iTunes library on a PC and can download over WiFi any songs that you have. That way, you don't have to load up on only songs you might want to listen to, as you could just download whatever you need on the fly.

I like the original Star Trek idea, too. I'm getting an iPod touch, though, and wouldn't have access to the voice features. If any devs want to make that app, you should also make one that doesn't use a mic.

drastik
Sep 22, 2008, 09:33 PM
Here's an idea, although it would be insanely difficult:

An app that connects to your iTunes library on a PC and can download over WiFi any songs that you have. That way, you don't have to load up on only songs you might want to listen to, as you could just download whatever you need on the fly.

I like the original Star Trek idea, too. I'm getting an iPod touch, though, and wouldn't have access to the voice features. If any devs want to make that app, you should also make one that doesn't use a mic.

As I understand it, the recently released Touch does indeed have a mic. From the point of view of an iPhone dev, this makes things a lot easier since iPhones and Touches can both take audio input.

msarway
Sep 22, 2008, 10:13 PM
Some one should develop a mirror app so we can see ourselves in it. my wife would love it.

neesh0
Sep 23, 2008, 07:55 AM
a good weather app with Celsius!

ploogle
Sep 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
As I understand it, the recently released Touch does indeed have a mic. From the point of view of an iPhone dev, this makes things a lot easier since iPhones and Touches can both take audio input.

Nope, it doesn't. I just checked the official Apple site, and there's no mention of a microphone among the new features. There is, however, an internal speaker.

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/whatsnew.html

tsrainer
Sep 29, 2008, 07:20 PM
I'd love a Euchre game! I have a couple of great Spades apps but really miss playing Euchre!

someguy7014
Sep 29, 2008, 07:55 PM
Here are 2 that I would like to see in Cydia/Installer maybe appstore:

1) "Categories" -which allowed you to group programs into a folder and choose an icon for it. For example a folder called games, then let you put all your games into it.

2) "Devicescape" or a WiFi log-in program. I have been missing this program dearly. The university where I go to school has unprotected wifi, but once connected you have to log in on a website. Really annoying because if I walk on or near campus, the iphone connects to the wifi and asks for a user and pw on the webpage I was just browsing.

If anyone has or knows of an alternative to either of these two, please let me know.

The exact applications you describe as Categories already exists in Cydia under that name.

amlweems
Sep 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
all rectangles are squares
but squares are not all rectangles

dont ask me how that works
thats just how they teach it in geometry

no, you have it backwards.
not all rectangles are squares, but all squares are rectangles.

a rectangle can have different side lengths so not every rectangle could be a square, but the rectangles that do have four equivalent side lengths are squares.
all squares have equal side lenghts already so they all have to be rectangles.

ddarko18
Oct 6, 2008, 11:23 PM
Oregon Trail!

dfwmeantime
Oct 16, 2008, 10:02 AM
I would like to see an app that was kind of like a user profile button. The app itself would have the ability to create multiple "profiles" and the user could set the preferences they want on and off. For instance:

At home I want 3G turned OFF, GPS turned OFF, and WiFi turned ON. When I'm in the office I want 3G turned OFF, GPS turned OFF and Wi Fi turned OFF. When I'm on the road I want 3G turned ON, GPS turned ON and WiFi turned OFF. Rather than going into settings and having to select these individually, I could go into this "profile" app and click the profile I want. Maybe even allow for different ring tones and volume, etc etc.

Most cell phones/ smartphones like the blackberry have this feature built in.

Anyway.. just my wish! Thanks!

The Governor
Oct 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
Oregon Trail!

Very good idea

mattocs
Oct 16, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hulu

iGuess27
Nov 15, 2008, 05:38 PM
There are only two applications I can think of that I actually need for my touch.

1. An Awaken-like alarm system for it. I need to be able to choose a playlist, and have it play through the speakers that my iPod is hooked up to, not just play some little sounds from the iPod itself like the default alarm that comes with it. There's no way that would wake me up.

2. This one is probably a lot more technical. Just like an airport base station allows for speakers to be plugged into it, which the computer can use wirelessly, I would like to be able to have my computer play sound through the speakers that my iPod is hooked up to. Obviously they would have to be on the same network. It would be sort of in the same vein as Remote which lets me control iTunes from my iPod, but a lot more awesome.

hellomoto4
Nov 16, 2008, 12:41 AM
•Bowling - if you've ever used a wii remote... well... maybe it would be just like that?

www.linktoapp.com/iBowl

upsguy27
Nov 16, 2008, 12:55 AM
Nope, it doesn't. I just checked the official Apple site, and there's no mention of a microphone among the new features. There is, however, an internal speaker.

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/whatsnew.html

The new Touch supports mics plugged into the headphone jack.

mfrey40
Nov 16, 2008, 09:43 PM
An application that, in combination with a router/piece of hardware could control theater lighting for a reasonable cost. Similar to http://www.synthe-fx.com/products/luminair, but without the $100 app cost and meant solely for controlling "unintelligent" lights (controlled by dmx dimmers).

I imagine that it could have a host computer act as a local webserver that was hooked up to dmx by usb and then have the iPod transmit commands over wifi back to the wireless router, to the host computer, then through the host computer into dmx going to the dimmers.

It would be phenomenal for light steering. You're on top of a REALLY high scaffolding, and you find that you need a light a little bit brighter for you to work with. Instead of yelling down to someone to yell out to the operator at FOH (who is likely to turn on the wrong light, startle you, and knock you off the scaffolding), you could just whip out the iPod touch/ iPhone, and voila.

This would be a great application for it, if it worked for DMX:

http://ayefon.com/x10/index.cfm

hww
Nov 29, 2008, 12:33 AM
if your ever in a mall and you need to know where a certain store is, would be great to find out where you are using your iPhone. Just like how the maps
Feature cilirrently works on it now.
Also it would be great to get recommndations to where to park if you're wanting to get close to a certain store-- this feature could also double as a reminder of what entrance/department store door you used to find your car when you leave. I thought of this app request today, after experiencing black Friday, and it would have been especially useful.

angasreid
Nov 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
Here's on for those of you who use Categories.

-If you used categories for any reason, and had all your icons in folders on the springboard but wanted to upgrade to the newest firmware. So you use the pwnage tool, and try to restore your iphone.

-But because of the previous settings on the springboard, all your icons don't show up.

-One would think a simple reinstall of Categories would fix this issue, but it still doesn't. I've tried removing and then reinstalling all the icons into folders, and issues still arise.

-So I either remove all my icons from categories, then back-up to restore it next time there is a software update, or just create a new iphone.

-If there was a way that none of that happened, that would be nice.

angasreid
Nov 30, 2008, 10:08 AM
The exact applications you describe as Categories already exists in Cydia under that name.

Thank you for that information. I posted that in August, check the post date... Aug 29, 2008, when at the time, there was no Categories on Cydia. A week later a developer released it, and have been using it since then. Thank you if someone did read my post, and develop that.

firewood
Nov 30, 2008, 11:05 AM
Categories can not be done using App store approved API's.

vinay427
Nov 30, 2008, 11:10 AM
PLEASE:

A Sony Playstation 3 media center controller. Or maybe an Xbox 360 or Wii one also. But a PS3 one would probably be most beneficial due to it's strong multimedia capabilities.

cWeems
Nov 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

best time killer on the computer, would love to see it on the iPhone! :D

jlwillia
Nov 30, 2008, 01:18 PM
Snood - why is this not available yet? This would easily be in the top 10 paid Apps if was $.99!

DopeWars or DrugWars - this might not get Apple's approval, but that's B.S. if they reject it because it's supposedly promoting drug use or whatever. That's an entirely different subject, though.

Poat84
Nov 30, 2008, 01:41 PM
When I buy my phone, what apps. will I need?

vinay427
Nov 30, 2008, 02:36 PM
PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

best time killer on the computer, would love to see it on the iPhone! :D

Try these:
Bix (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294842200&mt=8) ($0.99 :mad: , Unlimited)
Bix Lite (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294848792&mt=8) (Free :D , 6 Levels)

(I'm not sure how similar this is though and it isn't an online game.):confused:

mb777
Jan 1, 2009, 02:37 AM
Howdy,
I can see someone has already suggested something similar in the "Profile" application, mine is somewhat simpler but as the premise of this thread was to see what applications people really want... I think something like this would be widely used!

Here it is:
An app that presents a screen with an on/off switch for 3G, and an on/off switch for WIFI. And probably GPS as well as other things you might see as necessary.

To ensure I can get the most out of my iPhone's battery life, I'm constantly switching off the 3G when I get to work (and the safety of its WIFI network) or other places I can get onto a WIFI network. But then when I leave I have to go back into the Settings App and switch on the 3G and switch off the WIFI.

If I could do that in one screen in an app... that'd save me plenty of "clicks"!

Please contact me if you're going to make this!

Mark

ghayenga
Jan 1, 2009, 11:57 AM
Howdy,
I can see someone has already suggested something similar in the "Profile" application, mine is somewhat simpler but as the premise of this thread was to see what applications people really want... I think something like this would be widely used!

Here it is:
An app that presents a screen with an on/off switch for 3G, and an on/off switch for WIFI. And probably GPS as well as other things you might see as necessary.

To ensure I can get the most out of my iPhone's battery life, I'm constantly switching off the 3G when I get to work (and the safety of its WIFI network) or other places I can get onto a WIFI network. But then when I leave I have to go back into the Settings App and switch on the 3G and switch off the WIFI.

If I could do that in one screen in an app... that'd save me plenty of "clicks"!

Please contact me if you're going to make this!

Mark

I believe they have such an app for jailbroken devices, but it is expressly forbidden for App Store applications to change the settings for any other applications, especially the built in ones.

I understand why Apple doesn't want to allow third party apps to do this as a security measure, but I would love this functionality myself so I hope that some day they'll put an app out that will allow me to do it.

lankysam
Mar 5, 2009, 02:31 PM
Wouldn't the iPhone be ideal for scoring a baseball or softball game? point to where the ball was hit, gestures for runner advancement, etc. This would be a great use for the iPhone, as laptops are cumbersome at games (if they are even permitted). I'm thinking, btw, of Little League games, not professional ones, though of course the app would have broad applicability. I've been waiting to see this since the introduction of the iPhone and been a bit disappointed not to see it... yet :)

john0879
Mar 5, 2009, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't the iPhone be ideal for scoring a baseball or softball game? point to where the ball was hit, gestures for runner advancement, etc. This would be a great use for the iPhone, as laptops are cumbersome at games (if they are even permitted). I'm thinking, btw, of Little League games, not professional ones, though of course the app would have broad applicability. I've been waiting to see this since the introduction of the iPhone and been a bit disappointed not to see it... yet :)

Working on this now. :)

toddo35
Mar 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
If someone were to make a pivot stickfigure animator app, like it is on a computer, not like flipbook, it would be the best app ever!!!

fadedshadow589
Mar 27, 2009, 11:17 AM
I would really really like an app that works with http://academicearth.org.

Its a great site, it lets you see lectures from big universities like Harvard, Yale, and MIT. It would be great if there was an app on my iphone to let me watch and keep track of them

Alisstar
Apr 1, 2009, 11:19 PM
A Yahoo Messenger client, like the one the tmobile sidekicks have.

Please please please

Yahoo Messenger for the iPhone (http://www.ymessengerblog.com/blog/2009/03/31/sneak-peek-yahoo-messenger-for-iphone/) is finally coming!

Aaleck
Apr 1, 2009, 11:53 PM
A large digital clock that stays ON while in the charging dock (like Treo and Blackberry have).

I agree with this one, tried one app but nadda. Too much work to use... Maybe with some integration with the clock app for alarms

Jason64128
Apr 9, 2009, 05:05 PM
1) Amtrak app - an app that does what the local metro apps do (maps, schedules and updates) and perhaps in this case the ticket purchasing features of the Amtrak website - this is great for people travelling

2) Couch Surfing app - an app that makes the main functions of couchsurfing.com handily useable on an iphone - when you are travelling and want to find a new host, this would be VERY helpful

3) a yelp, or yelp style app, that lets you keep a saved list of chain stores to filter out. I HATE to try to find a cafe and have 10 goddamned starbucks show up on the list along with 2 peets, and 4 coffee bean & tea leaf amongs the few local cafes that I actually want to find - I don't need yelp to tell me where starbucks/peets/coffeebean is and how it rates because I already know they are everywhere (i only need walk down any major street), they are all the same, and they all suck - the same goes for mcdonalds and all the big restaurant chains

4) a Macintosh computer application that lets you process KML files into your own separate and reuseable iPhone app
I would like to have an official bike system map in some places, but I also don't think any developers will spend their time making this - so it would be cool to have a google map transposing app that would let me get around that, no?

Kristin9
Apr 20, 2009, 08:49 PM
hey all, i'm new here, joined just for this thread :)

Since the iPhone can't run apps in the background (therefore making it unfeasible to make one that shows Caller ID with Name Display -like you see on landline Caller ID), it would be cool to make an app that you could use www.tirs.us to look up the number, showing the name, city and carrier of the person who called. An app like this, WhoCalled, doesn't give cell phone caller's names because it uses whitepages.com instead of tirs.us .

iTouchLover
Apr 20, 2009, 09:08 PM
I would love to see an iphone app that lets you use the iphone headphones to listen to a beat and then use the mic on the headphones to rap over the beats and record the rap over the beat. Good idea or am i alone on this one?

They have that!!! It's in the App Store. Studio App is the name.

anjinha
Apr 20, 2009, 09:12 PM
2) Couch Surfing app - an app that makes the main functions of couchsurfing.com handily useable on an iphone - when you are travelling and want to find a new host, this would be VERY helpful

I want that too!!!

1Zach1
Apr 20, 2009, 09:17 PM
I want a weather app that has current temp, condition, humidity, heat index/windchill, wind speed direction and gusts, detailed forecast, 10 day forecast etc... and radar that uses Googlemaps with options ala Wundermap from Weather Underground, and once 3.0 comes around will push watches/warnings. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if it meant no ads.

CayenneB
May 10, 2009, 01:01 AM
I would pay good money for an iphone app for IrieFM.net. Streaming live internet radio. Any ideas??

B

mikey2004
May 10, 2009, 04:22 AM
Who wouldnt want their Iphone turned into a Ghostbusters PKE Meter or Proton Pack?

If someone could make it happen, that would be nice.

michaelwithe21
Jul 8, 2009, 09:00 AM
MobileTerminal.app can do what I am about to demonstrate... but...

What I am looking to find an app that will allow me to save a reverse SSH command that will activate at the iPhone's boot... allowing me to login to my iphone from my home computer (SSH server) no matter where my iphone goes in the world... if someone steals it, just connect to my computers localhost port from my iphones tunnel 5900 over 3G from your home internet... This is still quite new, so if there is already an app that can give launch termianl apps at iphone start up let me know... this same function that I will demonstrate below works with SSH and VNC to the iPhone without WiFi or a cable or a device link:

Note: ignore the "untested veency" part, I have tested it, and it works fine

We can all SSH and VNC to our phones using openSSH and Veency (3G [S] having problems with Veency) via WiFi or WiFi device (in some cases a cable)...

But what I am here to prepose (tested though) is a command via the MobileTerminal.app within the jailbroken iphone that can created a REVERSE SSH connection using the 3G internet (Edge not tested).

Here is what you will need to control your iPhone no matter where it goes (stolen or not):

Jailbroken iPhone with cydia
OpenSSH installed on phone
Veency (untested because I am using a 3G [S])
Mobile Terminal.app installed on phone
An SSH server running on the computer/device you want to use to remotely access your iPhone (preferably on a port other than 22 for security and other reasons)
Forward a port (or DMZ) to your local IP and SSH port (only if using a router)

Once you have all those things...

open MobileTerminal.app within iPhone, login to root using alpine as the password (change later using passwd command) NOTE: you may also use mobile user name with same alpine password). You can do this by typing "login root", enter, then "alpine" as the password.

If you are logged in as root type the following ignoring the ( ) 's and placing the correct characters in place of them:

ssh -p (SSHPORT#) (User\ Name)@(Domain/IP of SSH computer) -R 1201:localhost:22

NOTE: you can change the 1201 port to anything you prefer, make sure to change in further steps...

Once it connects, you will have to type "yes" for the first time connecting, type your password for your computer... If you see you are now logged into your home computer via your iPhone, you can close the terminal via the home button (you do not need to run backgrounder for the terminal to stay connected) and continue to the next steps..

That command above forwarded the iPhone's SSH protocol/port to your localhost's computer's port, allowing you to login to the iPhone's SSH server by entering the following into your Mac/PC's Terminal CLI:

ssh -p 1201 root@localhost

vwalla, you have now connected to your iPhone's SSH server via its own SSH IP within a reverse tunnel...this method can be used to bypass any routers or firewalls set up by ATT

This same method can be used once VEENCY is installed using port 1202:localhost:5900... meaning!!!

YOU CAN CONNECT TO YOUR iPHONE's VNC and SSH server no matter where it goes, as long as you run an SSH server from your home (or other) computer!!!

am i the first to see this?

Questions for smart people =)

1) Is there a way for me to add this reverse command to my iPhone's startup? this would allow me to always connect to it even if the thief turns it off and then on.

2) Would this command work if they changed the sim card after stealing my phone?

3) This command may need to be ran every time the 3G IP changes, but as far as I can tell, SSH tunnels stay open even if the user turns off 3G and then turns it back on, as long as the IP is the same and the source is the same... IS THERE ANYTHING ELS WE CAN DO WITH THIS SSH Reverse Tunnel via 3G internet?

4) almost forgot... Is there anyway to do a reverse Proxy command from the iPhone Terminal... basically tethering my IP via my home computers internet... example:

ssh user@homecomputer -D 9999

i have tried things like ssh user@homecomputer -RD 9999 with no luck.. any ideas? I know there are other ways to tether your internet that involve connecting to a device via WiFi... but thats too easy =P

please correct me if im wrong... but this opens up new doors to the iPhone's 3G network and iPhone capabilities!

Leave a comment if you have any defiant answers or questions, otherwise, if you are feeling special, email me at michael_withe21@hotmail.com with any questions or answers to my genius idea... or if you want to claim doing it before me =)

G4R2
Jul 8, 2009, 09:11 AM
PS 3 Remote for DVD functions and keyboard (if possible).

martinc
Jul 14, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hello,

I have a family plan with me.com and love the find my phone feature, I would like an app that pulls the info from all the iPhones on my MobileMe account and have it display the location of the phones in one location in the app.

Anyone up for a challenge?

brandonromo
Sep 12, 2009, 10:46 AM
hey ive been thinking how much i like the old ipod and how it feels, i was thinking if anyone could create an app where you are basically looking at an old ipod on the screen of your touch or iphone, the scroll wheel would all be digital it woudl feel cool cause it would be smooth, i just think it would be a cool idea, and i woud def buy it. i have created an image of what im thinking

thanks, have a great day

friekunater
Sep 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
hey ive been thinking how much i like the old ipod and how it feels, i was thinking if anyone could create an app where you are basically looking at an old ipod on the screen of your touch or iphone, the scroll wheel would all be digital it woudl feel cool cause it would be smooth, i just think it would be a cool idea, and i woud def buy it. i have created an image of what im thinking

thanks, have a great day

that was one of the apps i suggested, i think it'd be awesome too :) but idk if Apple would allow it

MacFly123
Sep 13, 2009, 07:59 PM

thanks, have a great day

that was one of the apps i suggested, i think it'd be awesome too :) but idk if Apple would allow it

Being that they just denied an app because its chat bubbles looked too much like the Apple massaging app, I guarantee you they would NOT allow it. They don't let anyone copy their interface elements in iPhone apps.

tnankie
Oct 1, 2009, 07:54 PM
I was really excited when I found you could make voice recording with the phone. Unfortunatly what you can do with them is rather limited. I would like to be able to make a voice reminder for myself and then have the phone remind me to listen to it at a certain time and/or date that set after making the recording.

I think this would be fairly easy to do and idealy it would just be merged into the calendar so that images, sounds, movies and text. could be added into the calendar. Another way to do it would be just to use a reminder system that my old nokia 3310 had...but instead of reading a message you could just listen to it. I like the keyboard that apple has made but it really would be much better to be able to just voice record rather than type.

chazzy2501
Dec 17, 2009, 04:51 PM
Could someone make a Thundercats sword app? You know so each time when I swing the phone it says thunder, thunder, thundercats ho! sight beyond sight open the camera would also rock! extending sword and music during all this would also rock!

cheers... anyone!

ducatony
Jan 25, 2010, 01:34 PM
Val d'isere ski guide application for iPhone. I cannot find it anywhere. Can somebody help me find it somewhere? Please...

ct2k7
Jan 25, 2010, 05:12 PM
Could someone make a Thundercats sword app? You know so each time when I swing the phone it says thunder, thunder, thundercats ho! sight beyond sight open the camera would also rock! extending sword and music during all this would also rock!

cheers... anyone!

Are there any official sounds for this?

davidsd94
Mar 5, 2010, 09:47 AM
I have noticed a lot of people have iPhones at the Valley Oak SPCA. Imagine if we had an app that you could scan a barcode on a kennel card and then it brings up the history of when that animal was fed, walked, given water, and when they went the bathroom and the times of all the activities. All you have to do is scan that barcode and select what activity was performed and it added it adds it to the log! That’d be sweet. I think it could be developed using the features from Red Laser http://redlaser.com/ and I don't know how much other work would have to be put into it. It'd be great though!

Hattiejakes
Mar 13, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hi, I'd really like to be able to sync my observations of children that I make on the playground to my Eprofile program which is used by schools across the UK. If I could type my obs into the phone and they wirelessly shot across to the program I'd be in heaven and it would save hours on paper work.... there is a program called 'Student Documentor' which is very similar but at £600 far too expensive for the average teacher to buy.
Thanks!
http://www.schools.bedfordshire.gov.uk/im/EProfile/

SLNRS
Apr 13, 2010, 04:05 PM
I work in the sound industry and I have to say that I'd love to see someone make a Logic pro 9 control app, with DAW controls for:
Pan
Fader
Play
Pause
Stop
Rewind
Fast forward
Mute
Solo
Arm
and Track Select

I know this can be done, as have found several basic apps on the app library, however I havn't found any of them to be reliable enough to trust in a working situation where you just need it to work.

One thing that would be good to base the layout on (just as an idea) would be the Pre-Sonus Faderport.

The best thing for me by far really however would be if :apple: just got down to making an official Logic app for basic recording and editing features, that would also let you control a project on a computer, though this is probably not likely to happen any time soon. Till then anyone up for the programming? :confused:

LilacCow
Apr 23, 2010, 05:41 AM
Hi
What I'm looking for is an app that takes pictures that I've stored on my iphone in the Photos app, and allows me to tag and rate them.
Then I'd like this info to be available in other apps on my mac, particularly Aperture. So I guess it should be stored in the EXIF data so that it is available generally.

I've had a look on the app store but can't find anything that does this. I thought Camera Tools Pro would do it, but it only works on pictures in the Camera Roll. The point is that I want to work on photos I've taken with my 'proper' camera, not with the iphone.

I know I can do this on the mac, in Aperture itself, but I want to be able to do it when I'm out and about, eg travelling on the (London) tube when I have spare time and no internet connection.

Any ideas?

holtmann
Apr 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
Reg. the EXIF editing app:

That's a nice idea. I see one problem though: How do you want to sync back the pictures to your mac so u have them in Aperture. What workflow do you suggest?

MattWylde
Apr 24, 2010, 05:44 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=898627

Just adding to the list...

LilacCow
Apr 25, 2010, 06:57 AM
Reg. the EXIF editing app:

That's a nice idea. I see one problem though: How do you want to sync back the pictures to your mac so u have them in Aperture. What workflow do you suggest?

I'd envisage that when you sync your iphone having rated/tagged your photos, these ratings/taggings are added to the EXIF information for the corresponding photo in your Aperture library. The system knows the Aperture library source of the photo you're viewing on the iphone, because you selected it in order to sync it to the iphone in the first place.

I wish I had the skills & knowledge to develop this myself!

LC

iAppTime
Apr 27, 2010, 10:56 AM
I'm really in a need of a good app to organize my Euro Coins collection.
There are a few apps out there, but they're not complete.
One of them has the commemorative coins in, but not all the coin years and mintmarks, another app does have years and mintmarks, but not the commemorative coins...
I'm really looking for a complete one!

ODog4523
Apr 28, 2010, 10:46 AM
I know there are apps that work as a bluetooth remote for home theater devices and such, but how about something that's more purpose designed to make the IPhone into a wireless keyboard for use for something like a PS3??

Butterflied412
Jun 9, 2010, 10:29 AM
They have Sonic The Hedgehog, why not Altered Beast too. It was my favorite game for the Sega Genesis system, and they have an online play and a version for the pc has just come out. This game app for the iphone would be awesome!:D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Abboxart.jpg

calgecko
Jun 22, 2010, 09:32 AM
how bout an app that allows us to customize MMS/SMS tones? I'd pay for that... and am very disappointed that it was not provided in iOS. Don't care about unified inbox, folders, bluetooth keyboards or threaded messages.

dccorona
Jun 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
how bout an app that allows us to customize MMS/SMS tones? I'd pay for that... and am very disappointed that it was not provided in iOS. Don't care about unified inbox, folders, bluetooth keyboards or threaded messages.

can't be done without a jailbreak

jbunt85
Jun 26, 2010, 12:39 PM
Someone should make a video diary app for the iPhone 4 - would be the new journal!

This for me would replace the written diary, the blog and could be kept private or shared online - facebook/ twitter/ etc.

Do it do it do it!!!!

Meatball
Jul 2, 2010, 08:46 AM
I'd <3 a Spyro The Dragon game similar to the PS1 games!! :D.

Olivia23
Jul 3, 2010, 10:00 AM
A wish list app would be nice to save all the apps you want to buy later because there have been so many times I have run across a random app that I could not buy right then but wanted to later and of course when later came I can not remember the name of it.

Mister E
Feb 7, 2011, 02:32 PM
First you would want to set up a Site where people can Register and Create their very own Net Navi. Character. (their Name, Basic Design, Colors, Armor, And Stats.) Stats include Speed, Agility, Strength, Accuracy, And Intelligence. Or how ever you would like to set it up. Put in certain name prevention codes. (to prevent the majority of people from creating megaman, protoman, zero, and other popular characters.) after their character is created they would have to choose weapons discs. have a small selection of Offensive, Defensive, Trap, And Booster discs. Create maybe 10 of each for starter choices. and let people choose 10 all together. After their registration is done. you could have the app downloaded straight to their Itunes, or require them to go to the app store to pay for it. which ever you choose.

Now once the app has been downloaded. Have them sign in into their account and their character will be downloaded to their iphone/Itouch/Ipad. the main menu will be set up so you can play single player games, Online co-op, Online Vs., Character profile, and Disc Store.

Single player consists of a progressive battle system. like battle your way through levels. 1-100 or something. where each level gets more difficult. maybe every 10 levels a boss fight against a pre-designed character. (or a popular Chartacter, like level 100 you would fight Megaman.) Each level you beat would give you some in-game credits.(will explain later in Disc Sotre section)

Online Co-op mode would be the same. Except double the challenge of each level. two of you, two of them. and for boss battles. you would simply add a Second pre-designed character that kinda matches the first one. (like level 100 you would fight Megaman as well as Protoman.) Beating each level will give you in game Credits.

Online Vs. Is just you fighting against other real players and their Characters. Players can set up wages if they would want to try to earn more in game credits.

Character Profile Will let you See your character as well as his/her Stats. You will also be able to change their 10 disc selections with Discs they obtain from the Disc Store. (or maybe discs from online vs. or beating certain levels/objectives in single/co-op modes.)

Disc Store is where players will be able to Spend their well earned credits to buy Upgraded discs. (like maybe buying a Plasma Shield to replace their metal shield. Or an Ion Cannon to replace their Blaster pistol. [There are to many possibilities to name them all right now.]) You could also set up a separate section where players would be able to buy(with real money) more advanced forms of discs. Like Orbital strikes or Full Force Reflector Shields.

And the last Section Will be graphics. You could have it set up kinda in a 2d fight scenes like in Pokemon(which i don't really recommend.) or you could set it up to be like a 3D fight scene. (kinda like on the App Eliminate. [Which I do Recommend.]) then while they are fighting you could have it so they move on their own, or be player controlled. you would be able to create randomly generated fields so there obstacles that create natural defensive positions.

I am Sure I am not the only person out there that would love to have this app. but i might be one of the firsts to recommend it. thanks for at least listening and considering it.

Sorry I forgot the battle System. The battle Consists of the player vs the opponent. and on the lower right corner of the screen are 4 of you randomly shuffled Weapon disc. As you use one, another one is picked at random from your disc pool. and by holding down a weapons disc you can highlight it so the player would be able to combined certain disc to make a more powerful version of them. (like combining an auto turret disc with a metal shield to make an auto tank disc)

-Rome (Mister E)

morganee8
Mar 14, 2011, 04:24 PM
I wish someone would create a net carb counting app. I'm on Atkins and the Atkins iPhone app is just awful...no functionality. There are barely any carb counting apps as it is, and the ones I found don't count net carbs, so it's a bit hard trying to figure out my number for the day. PLEASE someone create this for me! :D

LIFireFighter
Mar 28, 2011, 08:20 PM
We get our fire and emergency calls dispatched through SMS text messages. Droid users have an app that "reads" the address from the sms and automatically places the location on the map in the phone.

I have searched EVERYWHERE I can think of to try to find something that will do this. It doesn't need to be TOO FANCY, just get the job done accurately.

If it helps at all, the droid version - which is designed SPECIFICALLY for this purpose (designed for use with the Red Alert CAD Fire Rescue dispatch SMS messages) has a setup area in which you set your phone to a primary and up to three secondary response areas (towns) that the app will use to database the possible address locations. The APP is required to be running in the background to work - and when an SMS message comes in (no specific FROM is required, as they usually have a different email address each time) the app scrapes the street address and instantly pops up an alert with a button to open the map, allowing the responder to read the text message first and then view the location if they want or need to.

PLEASE NOTE - We are volunteer firefighters on Long Island - translated to - WE DO NOT GET PAID for our services. The droid app is free and it would be really nice if this could be free or as close as possible to it for those of us who could use it to save lives!!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can possibly help or steer me in the right direction.

nicko18
Apr 9, 2011, 01:30 AM
I'd like a GPS based app that checks off 'states', 'cities' or 'suburbs' that you visit.

Have a sort of trophy room with all the US states you've visited, also have a map which colours the locations you've been to green.

Could do this for countries as well

rabbitEx
May 20, 2011, 06:49 AM
Hya all,

To my unprofessional eyes, this seems a small tweak ... but who knows, maybe it is difficult.

I'd like to see a teak that would always show the search bar at the top of both the 'contacts' app and the 'contacts' tab in the 'phone' app.

Thanks !
rabbit:D

psonice
May 20, 2011, 07:48 AM
Have you guys wondered why there's a slight lack of developers in this thread? There's not a whole lot of point in posting hundreds of app ideas if nobody is interested in building them.

Keep in mind that most developers will expect some financial reward for the many hours of work involved in making an app, which generally means it has to go on the app store. That means system tweaks, or changes to apple's applications, are not allowed.

If it's a completely new app, it has to be appealing enough to a large number of people if it's going to sell. Or it has to be worth a lot of money to a small number of people. If it's worth a small amount to few people, what's the point?

If it's similar to other apps, it has to be popular, and it also has to compete against the many established apps. This isn't worth considering unless it's going to be so much better that a lot of people will buy it (and the other developer can't add the new feature in 30 minutes and release it as an update).

Games based on popular characters? Those have to be licensed, meaning signing a deal with whoever owns the copyright. This isn't something most smaller companies will consider - you'd be better lobbying the company who owns the characters to get a game made.

One more thing to consider: if the idea is really great, and could potentially be pretty popular, the very last thing a developer will want is a public discussion about it before they've started coding. If they think it's great, so will 10 other developers. It becomes a race to get the app released, and unless you're in there first with a top quality app you're likely to end up wasting your time.

If you really think your idea is great, I'd look into getting a developer to write it for you instead of discussing it here. There are 'rent a coder' type sites around, and a few threads around the forum here discussing how to get this done. (I do write apps for clients myself, but not at the moment, way too busy :))

Mac In School
May 21, 2011, 01:14 AM
Mine isn't possible, due to developer restrictions, but I feel like sharing anyway. I'm bored.

I find myself having to tweak system settings for different situations...

When I got to bed I want it in airplane mode with the screen brightness down.

During the day at work I want the screen brightness up and everything going full-speed ahead.

In the evening at home I want the same settings as at work, but with Bluetooth turned off.

When I run I want the screen brightness down, wifi off and the EQ disabled.

And so on, and so on.

I'd love a way to go in and adjust all these settings for a situation then save them as a preset. Rinse and repeat for all the various situations in my life.

It would be really cool if I could open an app, tap a preset (that I named) and have it adjust all those settings for me.

I'd probably call it "Profiles" or something else that's simple.

Mac In School
May 21, 2011, 01:15 AM
^ That and I'd love a PS3 remote. Also not an option, I assume, or the app store would be flooded with them.

rabbitEx
May 21, 2011, 11:26 PM
Mine isn't possible, due to developer restrictions, but I feel like sharing anyway. I'm bored.

I find myself having to tweak system settings for different situations...

When I got to bed I want it in airplane mode with the screen brightness down.

During the day at work I want the screen brightness up and everything going full-speed ahead.

In the evening at home I want the same settings as at work, but with Bluetooth turned off.

When I run I want the screen brightness down, wifi off and the EQ disabled.

And so on, and so on.

I'd love a way to go in and adjust all these settings for a situation then save them as a preset. Rinse and repeat for all the various situations in my life.

It would be really cool if I could open an app, tap a preset (that I named) and have it adjust all those settings for me.

I'd probably call it "Profiles" or something else that's simple.

You're kidding, right ?
have you checked Cydia ?
What you're asking for is more or less covered by these two apps:
http://tom.zickel.org/iphone/cydia/sbschedule/depiction/
http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com.phoenix.cpprofiles

Zury
Feb 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
There's a game that my friends and I are hooked on but it's only found as a board game. I truly wish that they would make this as an iPhone app. I would be playing that game nonstop.

So here is my one and only request: SEQUENCE

It's a great game and rather addicting. I really hope someone can make this happen ;)

tsonevpm
Aug 11, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hello, I am looking for a program called MyFoneHome but specific version 2.1.1 because in the new version they removed the features i need. Thanks in advance.

iMacFarlane
Aug 11, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'd like a GPS based app that checks off 'states', 'cities' or 'suburbs' that you visit.

Have a sort of trophy room with all the US states you've visited, also have a map which colours the locations you've been to green.

Could do this for countries as well

That's a fun idea. I've been everywhere man, across the Rio Grande man, look at my iPhone! :cool:

It would definitely need an initial setup option so you could enter where you have already been, then switch over to GPS only mode after that.

c4gav
Aug 20, 2012, 08:31 AM
on the app store would be amazing!

http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=toy+story+2+buzz+lightyear+to+the+rescue&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=629&tbm=isch&tbnid=Yt7XvJmdyPXlCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.emuhunter.co.cc/2012/04/disneypixar-toy-story-2-buzz-lightyear.html&docid=SE6bLoF-XxcMCM&imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HzThKufF1qs/T4u-Mu2rd3I/AAAAAAAAAMc/xv6YKzSF-ws/s1600/Cover%252BDepan%252BTS2.jpg&w=640&h=643&ei=PjsyUL30IYHKhAeChIDICQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=285&vpy=276&dur=809&hovh=225&hovw=224&tx=123&ty=87&sig=116195820325050392355&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=132&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:92

As well as that, Duke Nukem Time to Kill would be awesome too :D

http://www.google.ie/imgres?q=duke+nukem+time+to+kill&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=629&tbm=isch&tbnid=gKkitmvQ6wEjzM:&imgrefurl=http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiedosto:Duke_Nukem_Time_to_Kill-front.jpg&docid=vQZY_4B-CcZtQM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/archive/7/72/20101230115134!Duke_Nukem_Time_to_Kill-front.jpg&w=1972&h=1944&ei=-DsyUJo30YCFB7HggLgP&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=824&vpy=295&dur=960&hovh=223&hovw=226&tx=79&ty=116&sig=116195820325050392355&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=124&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:115

Radiorickey
Dec 19, 2012, 03:25 AM
I'll add "this has never been thought of before"

Can somebody please create an app that allows you to set a timer for sound alerts. I would like to turn off my "new mail" sound alerts while I sleep from 10pm to 6am. It seems simple. Why can I not find this function. Please, somebody help! Email me if you can get this done.

Thank You!

Criggie
Dec 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
How about an iphone / ipod app that records the last ~15 minutes, and overlays on the video the coordinates, speed, bearing, etc from the GPS.

I use this window holder http://dx.com/p/car-windshield-swivel-mount-holder-for-iphone-4-47029 which cost under $8 and does the job well.

Could be even flasher and record engine parameters from those bluetooth odb connectors, like gear/engine revs/temp/whatever else they return.
Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Soliport-Bluetooth-OBDII-Diagnostic-Scanner/dp/B004KL0I9I

A sudden braking maneuver tells the app to store that video as an "event" in case it was an accident, or a near miss.

Have you ever seen those Russian dashboard cameras on youtube? They are necessary to prove fault in the event of an accident. Basically the same thing.

I've also heard about hardware-based recorders for big trucks that do the same thing, again to prove fault. These "prerecord" some amount so that the leadup is recorded.

If you make this - all I want is to have it in my phone.

----------

Why can't I put more than one photo in an email?

You can't copy and paste photos either.

The only way to send two photos is to send two emails - there's no "insert media" in the email app.

How about an email tweak that allows additional media to be inserted into an email.

dirtstain
Jun 12, 2013, 04:16 PM
Hi!

I want to use my ipod touch in my car with an Pioneer avic-x3 that has an interface and controls.
only problem is I dont use the ipod app, I use spotify so I can't use the car stereo to control the music.

can anybody create something that links the ipod and spotify apps in any way so I can get spotify playlist info on the car stereo and also control spotify from car stereo?

Checkher
Nov 18, 2013, 02:58 PM
I would like to see a touch screen lock app. Instead of using the button a lock on the touch screen will activate the lock screen. There is an app.on Android like this. I would also like to see a bluetooth audio toggle for single bluetooth ear piece. Again an App.on Android is like this. Last app. I would like to see is a good call recorder for those that can legally and working properly. Thank you!!

ManhattanBeach
Nov 18, 2013, 04:21 PM
I'll add "this has never been thought of before"

Can somebody please create an app that allows you to set a timer for sound alerts. I would like to turn off my "new mail" sound alerts while I sleep from 10pm to 6am. It seems simple. Why can I not find this function. Please, somebody help! Email me if you can get this done.

Thank You!
this

Nya Nya
Jul 29, 2014, 10:48 AM
Have you done the web site?

vilaghalo
Jul 29, 2014, 02:22 PM
So I'm trying to get crowdfunding for an app that'll help with that. Maybe nobody else wants something like this, we'll see, but I had to try it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ristro-food-name-pronunciation-app/x/8236138

Feedback is appreciated, and if you like it, please consider contributing or sharing.