PDA

View Full Version : Penryn?

doclouleigh
Mar 6, 2008, 08:43 PM
I purchased a MacBook on 02/29/08 from the Apple Store. I've read that the "new & improved" MacBooks have improved processors and larger hard drives among other things. I know that my MacBook falls under the specs of the "new & improved", however, I'm not sure if my MacBook has the new "Penryn" technology that I've been reading about as a part of the "new & improved". It does has the Intel Core 2 Duo processor...but, how can I find out about the Penryn?

Thanks!

HoldFastHope
Mar 6, 2008, 09:50 PM
Go to "About This Mac" and then "More Info"

If it says:

"L2 Cache (per processor): 3 MB"

Then you have a Penryn. If it says 4MB then you have the previous generation.

MacGeekDC
Mar 6, 2008, 10:41 PM
Penryn proces. are faster more power effisant versons of the intel core 2 duo

MacGeekDC
Mar 6, 2008, 10:42 PM
and you got it after the new ones came out at an apple store so your is the newer one

bluedoggiant
Mar 6, 2008, 11:00 PM
It is obvious he has penryn, its even in his signature, "2.4ghz"

HoldFastHope
Mar 6, 2008, 11:03 PM
*smacks head*

oh well, now he's SURE sure :)

doclouleigh
Mar 7, 2008, 07:25 AM
First off, I am not a "he"...I am a "she"...and I thought that before the upgrade on the MacBooks that Apple offered a 2.4GHz that apparently didn't have the penryn technology which is why I was asking. I suppose I was mistaken about that...

Thanks to all that were helpful and not condescending!

bluedoggiant
Mar 7, 2008, 10:20 AM
First off, I am not a "he"...I am a "she"...and I thought that before the upgrade on the MacBooks that Apple offered a 2.4GHz that apparently didn't have the penryn technology which is why I was asking. I suppose I was mistaken about that...

sorry:o

SFStateStudent
Mar 7, 2008, 12:24 PM

the 16GB iPhone and you're good to go! :p:p:cool:

doclouleigh
Mar 7, 2008, 06:06 PM
the 16GB iPhone and you're good to go! :p:p:cool:

Funny you should mention that - I'm counting down the days until my current cell phone contract expires so that I can hook up with the iPhone...

SFStateStudent
Mar 7, 2008, 06:11 PM
Funny you should mention that - I'm counting down the days until my current cell phone contract expires so that I can hook up with the iPhone...

will love an iPhone companion!:p