Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doclouleigh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I purchased a MacBook on 02/29/08 from the Apple Store. I've read that the "new & improved" MacBooks have improved processors and larger hard drives among other things. I know that my MacBook falls under the specs of the "new & improved", however, I'm not sure if my MacBook has the new "Penryn" technology that I've been reading about as a part of the "new & improved". It does has the Intel Core 2 Duo processor...but, how can I find out about the Penryn?

Thanks!

HoldFastHope

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Sydney, AU
Go to "About This Mac" and then "More Info"

If it says:

"L2 Cache (per processor): 3 MB"

Then you have a Penryn. If it says 4MB then you have the previous generation.

doclouleigh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thanks.

First off, I am not a "he"...I am a "she"...and I thought that before the upgrade on the MacBooks that Apple offered a 2.4GHz that apparently didn't have the penryn technology which is why I was asking. I suppose I was mistaken about that...

Thanks to all that were helpful and not condescending!

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
First off, I am not a "he"...I am a "she"...and I thought that before the upgrade on the MacBooks that Apple offered a 2.4GHz that apparently didn't have the penryn technology which is why I was asking. I suppose I was mistaken about that...

sorry:eek:

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
All you need now is...

the 16GB iPhone and you're good to go! :p:p:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.