Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
I turned my iMac on today and it starts up to the blue screen with the welcome screen but the loading bar doesn't load at all and it just freezes. Nothing has changed between today and yesterday :confused: I have Tiger if that helps :)

Thanks for looking!

Tsurisuto

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
I turned my iMac on today and it starts up to the blue screen with the welcome screen but the loading bar doesn't load at all and it just freezes. Nothing has changed between today and yesterday :confused: I have Tiger if that helps :)

Thanks for looking!

I would boot from the Tiger install DVDs and run Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

Best case scenario is that Disk Utility repairs any errors to your Hard Drive.

Medium case scenario is that you have to perform an Archive and Install from the Tiger discs. Which would protect all your documents, password, settings, etc, and just reinstall the OS.

Worst case scenario is that you would have to perform an Erase and Install from the Tiger discs, which would mean that you have lost anything you haven't backed up.

I hope that helps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.