Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Apologies for the simple question which I'm sure is answered somewhere in the dev docs, but I'm attempting to play with the iPhone SDK (via the simulator) and can't seem to get NSLog to pump output back to Xcode's console. Is there a setting I should be using, or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Hmm, not sure if it was something I changed, but seems to be working fine now. Sorry for wasting people's time.

jibberia

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2003
I'm having the same problem. I can find my NSLog output in Console.app (they made it to system.log), but I can't get anything to show up in the build window. I don't use XCode very much, but when I have in the past, clicking the "Succeeded" thing in the bottom right of any window would bring up the log. Is this not the case anymore?

Anybody else?

jibberia

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2003
Major DUH - pressing cmd-shift-r brings up the xcode console.

non-existent problem "solved"

/me smacks head.

jasamer

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2008
NSLog doesn't work

Hi!

I've got the same problem - I don't see any NSLogs. (I'm looking at the XCode Debugger Console, I'm not that stupid ;)). However, I also see the NSLogs in system.log.
printf works fine.

Has anyone a solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.