PDA

View Full Version : iBook lid closed mode.

Dsr1205
Mar 8, 2008, 11:03 AM
Is there any way to get my ibook to run in lid closed mode because i have an external display set up and a mouse and a keyboard and i would like to just close it and keep it under the monitor. im willing to do any hacks to get this done.

Dsr1205
Mar 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
anyone know?

Daveway
Mar 8, 2008, 12:24 PM
You can download a free program called InsomniaX that will allow for this. It puts a menu bar item that allows you to independently control the system and screen or the whole computer.
Check it out.

drummerlondonw3
Mar 8, 2008, 12:30 PM
there is also another app that I just deleted from my ibook but its just called screenspanning app - google it and it should work.

The only negative - if i remember correctly - is that you have to restart to go into spanning mode

Leave some feedback about how it goes

jackiecanev2
Mar 8, 2008, 01:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

IIRC, ibooks vent through the keyboard and hence why clamshell mode isnt really supported. You can force your ibook with insomniax (or something else) but if you run it that way as a desktop that is on 24-7, you will run into some heat issues.

Dsr1205
Mar 8, 2008, 01:29 PM
screen spanning is awesome, it disables the screen, the heat wont be a problem casue i keep the lid open jut i wanted full rez and vram on my external and this got it thanks so much!