Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Seems silly to create a whole thread for this, but I need to know. See, my refurb blackbook came with no discs at all, so I called apple to request them. They sent me just one disc. It's labeled "Mac OS X Install Disc 1" but there is no "Disc 2."

Are macbooks (this is a 2.2 SR) supposed to come with more than one disc? Thanks!

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

curses, I knee they screwed up. Thanks though.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
hahaha they have sent you the max os x disk and nothing else, the second disk is the ILife, you can simply downlaod that through torrent, not sure if that counts legal as you were supposed to get one yet did not.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
hahaha they have sent you the max os x disk and nothing else, the second disk is the ILife, you can simply downlaod that through torrent, not sure if that counts legal as you were supposed to get one yet did not.

yeah, i don't do torrents. I called them and they're sending the second disc.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007

That disk also contains all the drivers for Windows, if he plans on using bootcamp.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Jeremy1026 said:

That disk also contains all the drivers for Windows, if he plans on using bootcamp.

no, I was able to install the bootcamp drivers from the disc they did send.

Sage Harupyuia

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
My friend had 3 (!) DVDs in his box when he bought the Macbook.

the first 2 DVDs were the standard ones: OS X Install Disc 1 and 2.

The 3rd DVD: surprise, surprise, it was an upgrade disc for Leopard. ;)

Only then did we realize that the restore DVDs were Tiger DVDs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.