Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Everyone is always saying it would be nice to have a wi-fi on/off switch on the iPod's home screen. Would it be plausible for Apple to add a feature where you could simply double-tap the safari icon to turn the wi-fi on, and vice versa. I don't know if its possible for Apple to add this functionality to the safari icon, but if they could I have no doubt this would be the best way to implement this feature into the iPod.

br1anc

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
that would cool, but Safari isnt the only thing that uses Wi-Fi. i.e. mail, stocks, weather, maps.

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
Or when you double tap home button, it brings up a wifi on/off as well as the music volume indicator

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
Or tap the wifi icon to turn off wifi, and on the iPhone, tap the carrier to go to Airplane mode.

That'd be rather slick, in my opinion.

br1anc

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
or.... you could just go to settings and change it. but time is money!:D

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
Well, based on your logic it is.

Not to start a flame war, or anything of the sort.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Everyone is always saying it would be nice to have a wi-fi on/off switch on the iPod's home screen. Would it be plausible for Apple to add a feature where you could simply double-tap the safari icon to turn the wi-fi on, and vice versa. I don't know if its possible for Apple to add this functionality to the safari icon, but if they could I have no doubt this would be the best way to implement this feature into the iPod.

Like this:

http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~chris/iphone/WifiToggle/

icon.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.