PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Troubleshooting my G5 Freezing issue

cheftom
Mar 8, 2008, 08:19 PM
have a Power Mac G5 Dual 2 GHz
1 GB DDR
OS X 10.4.11

I haven't made any recent hardware changes, i've tried doing a clean install and using a new hard drive. The computer keeps freezing at random times. I will be able to move the mouse but the rainbow circle will keep spinning and I am unable to click on anything. I will have to hold down the power button to shut down. Sometimes when it freezes like this I will hear the fans spinning very fast and loud. It is strange how sometimes it will last a few days without freezing and sometimes It won't last 5 minutes without freezing.

I also find, many times if i turn the computer on and just leave it....it will not freeze, but then after i use it for 10-20 minutes, it will freeze. Currently I only have a fresh installation of OS X Tiger installed.

I have ran Disk Utility, Apple Hardware Test, Apple Jack, TechTool Pro 4 and no errors have been reported.

Since this problem has began, I have now installed a new logic board, 2 new processors, new hard drive, new memory and the problem is still ongoing.

Any suggestions on what my next step should be to resolve this issue???

cheftom
Mar 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
anyone ?