PDA

View Full Version : WTB: I need something with an ADC port

da2005pizimp
Mar 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hey all i just bought 13 15" apple display monitors and now i need something to test them out on. I think but not sure that a Powermac G4 Graphite will work but not sure. if someone has something that will work please let me know. I don't care about specs and programs just need something to test these monitors out on. don't really want to pay more than 100 dollars.

Frozonecold
Mar 8, 2008, 08:55 PM
Hey all i just bought 13 15" apple display monitors and now i need something to test them out on. I think but not sure that a Powermac G4 Graphite will work but not sure. if someone has something that will work please let me know. I don't care about specs and programs just need something to test these monitors out on. don't really want to pay more than 100 dollars.I have an old iBook that has one of these ports i think. I will check for you.
EDIT: Sorry I thought you wanted a computer.

OrangeSVTguy
Mar 8, 2008, 09:27 PM
He needs an AGP video card. Yes a Graphite G4 will work. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap for under $20 shipped.

Just do a search for: ati rage adc

A few months ago Blue Velvet gave me theirs for just shipping costs. $12 cause it came from UK. Maybe someone else can give you the same deal?

:edit:
Just did a search for you. Under $15 shipped via USPS Priority from a Power Seller and warrantied.
Click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-G4-ATI-16-MB-RAGE-128-PRO-VGA-ADC-VIDEO-WARRANTY_W0QQitemZ140212974351QQihZ004QQcategoryZ25449QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

da2005pizimp
Mar 8, 2008, 09:43 PM
all i have are ibooks i don't have something this will fit in. I would rather just get something that has everything setup. thanks.

da2005pizimp
Mar 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
I was thinking, since i can get the blue and white g3 powermac's cheap will that card work in it? if so i may just do that, i just need something to check these monitors out.

OrangeSVTguy
Mar 9, 2008, 01:16 PM
I was thinking, since i can get the blue and white g3 powermac's cheap will that card work in it? if so i may just do that, i just need something to check these monitors out.

The G3 B&W doesn't have an AGP video slot so that won't work. You can get an adapter for the ADC Cinema displays but those are quite expensive considering you can probably find a cheap G4 for about the same price. If you get that adapter, you can use any computer with a DVI cable.

This is the adapter you need, Model #A1006. (http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Mac-DVI-to-ADC-Adapter-A1006_W0QQitemZ120226386002QQihZ002QQcategoryZ80063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

The MDD's, Quicksilvers and the graphite G4's(Digital Audio, Gigabit Ethernet & Sawtooths) should all work with an AGP video card with the ADC port.

tefleming
Mar 9, 2008, 01:54 PM
A quick froogle search makes it seem you can get a ADC-DVI adapter for ballpark $30.

shu82
Mar 9, 2008, 02:52 PM
those wont work you need a dvi to acd adapter ~ 100 shipped. Or you can buy a powermac g4 for about the same price. You would get alternative uses with a powermac g4. I would go with a powermac g4 867 or above for leopard capabilities and large hard drive support.

da2005pizimp
Mar 9, 2008, 03:50 PM
ok, does anyone have a powermac that they want to sell?