PDA

View Full Version : Have your iPod (classic and 3rd Gen) controlled from you car...

MacBytes
Oct 30, 2003, 09:23 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Have your iPod (classic and 3rd Gen) controlled from you car hifi head unit or stick remote, with power and audio out. (http://www.ice-link.com/)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nickdtm
Oct 30, 2003, 09:46 PM
That's really awesome. Too bad they only make it for BMWs without DSP, not with DSP. Hopefully they will come out with a model for my car :(

iJon
Oct 30, 2003, 10:11 PM
well if the come out with one for an acura tl with the bose head unit im there.

iJon

chewbaccapits
Oct 31, 2003, 12:29 AM
I order a new Prius...Hopefully it can fly...This would be my only hope for that car since it only comes with a CD player...

Deggy
Oct 31, 2003, 03:36 AM
I have ordered one for my Renault Megane Scenic, they support loads of cars, see http://www.ihavetohave.it/acatalog/ICE-Link.html for European cars suppoarted and also after market head units.

Heanon
Oct 31, 2003, 10:38 AM
Awsome, I've been making suggestions to Apple forr just such a device for years! But, the links on the ice-link.com web page don't go anywhere!#@ The above ihavetohaveit link does provide some info. Anyone know where to get more info? Thanks.

iJon
Oct 31, 2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Heanon
Awsome, I've been making suggestions to Apple forr just such a device for years! But, the links on the ice-link.com web page don't go anywhere!#@ The above ihavetohaveit link does provide some info. Anyone know where to get more info? Thanks.
well they kind of go somewhere, look at the bottom of the page. but its still not very desriptive, they need to work on it a little more.

edit: just looked some more into it, they left off acura (now they dont get my money) as well as many bmw's and almost all of gm's cars like chevy, caddy, hummer and more. i think i will stick to blitzsafe when it comes to this project.

iJon

Juventuz
Oct 31, 2003, 10:45 AM
When you click on the link look at the bottom of the page, the information comes up there.

I wish they made it compatible with a Jeep or Nissan 300ZX. I'd jump on one in a heartbeat.

edit - lol, I posted just seconds after iJon

Heanon
Oct 31, 2003, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback. What's BlitzSafe?

iJon
Oct 31, 2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Heanon
Thanks for the feedback. What's BlitzSafe?
blitzsafe is a company that makes a device for your headunit to give you rca jack or 1/8th inch audio jack. they have it for almost every car i have ever seen, and most importantly my car. basically the set up i am going to have is connect the blitzsafe adapted behind my bose head unit, and wire it underneath the shifter all the way to the glove box. since tl's have a cigarette lighter port in the glove compartment i can use that belkin charger that also pumps sound through the firewire part. then just put my ipod in my glove compartment and wire the remote out of it so i can change the song. now this product these people have made is pretty kick ass, but is only good if your car supports it, if not you may want to consider blitzsafe. one of my customers hooked his up how i desribed in his tl and it was so awesome.

iJon

Deggy
Oct 31, 2003, 01:17 PM
email the company, they are very helpful and my headunit wasnt specifically listed, they got back to me really quickly, with a positive answer.

iJon
Oct 31, 2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Deggy
email the company, they are very helpful and my headunit wasnt specifically listed, they got back to me really quickly, with a positive answer.
i dont think its a head unit question. it is them not support tl's or acura's. it was probably to difficult because bose does their stuff in weird ways alot.

iJon