PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail on touch?

Wootbear
Mar 9, 2008, 12:12 AM
Hey guys, sounds like a nooby question but i can't seem to find the answer to this. I would like to use the actual mail application not going on safari then logging into hotmail. Does anybody know what i have to enter so it works under "Mail"?

Thanks - WoOtBeAr

Mars478
Mar 9, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, sounds like a nooby question but i can't seem to find the answer to this. I would like to use the actual mail application not going on safari then logging into hotmail. Does anybody know what i have to enter so it works under "Mail"?

Thanks - WoOtBeAr

HEY,
I pretty sure that hotmail doesn't work on the ipod touch

ClassicBean
Mar 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hotmail is ad-supported and Microsoft wants you to pay cash if you're not going to be seeing their ads by logging into the web. This is why you can't get your Hotmail in Outlook, Entourage or Mail without shelling out some extra cash.

You can upgrade you hotmail account to get your mail through your iPod touch but I believe that's the only option.

Here is one solution that I found: pop3hot.com/

I don't use hotmail as my main application so I've never actually tested it. You do have to pay though.

intempo808
Mar 9, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hotmail doesnt work because iPod Touch doesnt support HTTP email. Only Pop3 and IMAP work at the moment, which is why Google, .Mac and Yahoo are the only ones pre-set.

You can sign up to this site called "izymail" or something. Its subscription, but basically, it can forward all your email from Hotmail to another account (google or yahoo or something). You then setup the google or yahoo account on your iPod Touch, and all your new mail is sent straight to it!

:D

basesloaded190
Mar 9, 2008, 12:14 PM
i had a hotmail account for years, but i finally switched to google mail, so now i can easily access my mail for the mail app and my ipod touch. that is something to look into, its free and easy.