PDA

View Full Version : New “unlimited” iPhone plan has same old embarrassing SMS li...

MacBytes
Mar 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: New “unlimited” iPhone plan has same old embarrassing SMS limits (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20080309205729)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Drumjim85
Mar 9, 2008, 08:41 PM
well thats a stupid article ... it's not a "unlimited iPhone plan" ... its unlimited minuets (that you can get with out the iPhone), then you add $20 for the iPhone data / SMS plan ...

nothing has changed....

joeshell383
Mar 9, 2008, 09:17 PM
well thats a stupid article ... it's not a "unlimited iPhone plan" ... its unlimited minuets (that you can get with out the iPhone), then you add $20 for the iPhone data / SMS plan ...

nothing has changed....

Agree. Horrible article. The unlimited SMS is still available for $20/month. The only thing that changed was the high minute plans were replaced with ATT's unlimited voice for $99/month + iPhone Data for $20/month.

tbealmear
Mar 9, 2008, 11:51 PM
Ya, that was pretty worthless. Did that person not have anything else better to do?

SPUY767
Mar 10, 2008, 09:04 AM
In the end, it probably doesnt matter. I doubt that many sensible parents are getting their kids an unlimited phone plan, and the business people ike myself who might one day actualy need unlimited minutes could give two ***** about texting. To send the data contained in a one minute voice conversation in text one would need to write about 50,000 sms messages. The bottom line is that the management of these phone companies aren't ready to give up their money printer yet.

sss4r
Mar 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
the ridiculous 200 sms limit is not embarrassing--it's an outrage considering the price of the plan--even the cheapest plan at $60 runs about $75-$80 or more after you include taxes, other fees they don't tell you about, etc.--it's just another way for a greedy corporation to nickel and dime americans to death. the iphone is perfect, EXCEPT for its partnership with that stupid data company.

Drumjim85
Mar 10, 2008, 02:50 PM
the ridiculous 200 sms limit is not embarrassing--it's an outrage considering the price of the plan--even the cheapest plan at $60 runs about $75-$80 or more after you include taxes, other fees they don't tell you about, etc.--it's just another way for a greedy corporation to nickel and dime americans to death. the iphone is perfect, EXCEPT for its partnership with that stupid data company.

no its not....

1. you pick how many minuets you want
2. you get the iphone plan which has unlimited data, and 200sms ... if you don't want this you can opt out of it...
3. you choose what extras you want ...

so really the cheapest plan is $40....

joeshell383
Mar 10, 2008, 07:36 PM
it's just another way for a greedy corporation to nickel and dime americans to death. the iphone is perfect, EXCEPT for its partnership with that stupid data company.

Yeah, because an iPhone is an absolute necessity...

cwt1nospam
Mar 11, 2008, 08:35 AM
Texting me is a great way to have your message ignored. If it's worth my attention, send me an email or leave a voice mail.

sss4r
Mar 14, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, because an iPhone is an absolute necessity...

that is a lame excuse to hide behind in order to support unfair business practices. just because you can afford to buy a gadget doesn't give them a right to nickel and dime the consumer through pricing schemes designed for their convenience and not ours. you don't bite the hand that feeds you, my friend. do you side with a soulless corporate entity over that of a human being? you need to think long and hard about your cynical attitude.

joeshell383
Mar 15, 2008, 01:29 AM
that is a lame excuse to hide behind in order to support unfair business practices. just because you can afford to buy a gadget doesn't give them a right to nickel and dime the consumer through pricing schemes designed for their convenience and not ours. you don't bite the hand that feeds you, my friend. do you side with a soulless corporate entity over that of a human being? you need to think long and hard about your cynical attitude.

I strongly suggest taking a microeconomics course.

In the United States, we believe in a free market. We believe that it allows buyers and sellers choice, and benefitial outcomes for both parties emerge (at "equilibrium") from natural competition, not regulation. We believe that free markets spur innovation. Additionally, shareholders trust that management will create value for them, which usually involves maximaxing earnings.

I am proud of our strong support of a free market economy.

monkeydust
Mar 15, 2008, 03:31 AM
could one of the reasons for the low 200 sms limit be that apple wants you to start emailing everybody and leaving voicemail's.

which of course is stupid because not everybody has an email address or an iphone they can pick them up on.

in the uk the sms limit is still low our texts are 500

regards M.D

cwt1nospam
Mar 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
I am proud of our strong support of a free market economy.

What free market? The market I see is controlled by the richest corporations in the world, none of which are American - or any other nationality! They're all multinational, and they're stealing from their employees to keep profits high. Recessions happen when working people can't afford to buy the products being sold, and that can only happen when corporations don't have to compete for labor. Excessive H1B visas combined with cheap/slave labor in countries with no environmental or child labor laws have eliminated any need for them to compete.

SLRGuro61
Mar 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
I been thinking of getting a iPhone unlimited for T-Moble, mmmh.