PDA

View Full Version : After 14 years....

Roamerick
Oct 31, 2003, 03:24 AM
Hi all!

After 14 years of living in a PC-centric world I have decied to broaden my horizons with a 12" Powerbook... It should arrive sometime next week, and I'm already feeling like a kid at Xmas :)

All these years I've been building my own PCs, but after tinkering with my mate's powerbook I was taken in by OSX's slick looks and by the Powerbook's awesome design.

I think the little fellow and my home PC (A beast if I say so myself) will get along really nicely... But which one will I love the most? ;)

I'll let you know more after I get it :) :D

Joe Dobson
Nov 9, 2003, 03:22 PM
Congratulations.

I've been using and administrating Macs for 18 years now (crap, I'm getting old) and I must say I have NEVER been tempted to switch to Windows (although I have had to use them on occasion:D).

Welcome to the family!

Roamerick
Nov 14, 2003, 08:16 AM

I got my little 12" panther-loaded gem of a PowerBook a few days ago, and I'm still falling in love with it.

Oh, how sweet it is! And the Win > OSX transition was an absolute breeze, it already feels more natural.

As a UI designer by trade, I am awestruck at the amount of detail placed on the interaction. Despite a few inconsistencies here and there, it's by far the most impressive user-centric OS I have seen.

Give it a year or two and I might consider a G5 :cool:

Tim Flynn
Nov 14, 2003, 09:26 AM
I've been using the PC for about 20 years. My 2nd computer was a Turbo XT wahoo.

I just got my first Mac yesterday, a 1.8 G5 and 20" cinema display ... awesome.

nagromme
Nov 15, 2003, 03:29 AM
Welcome! I switched a few years back.

Get yourself a bluetooth mouse (Belkin makes one) and assign Exposť Show All to the middle button. You can click it, or you can just hold down and release on the desired window. Wow what a difference that makes to my life! (Although I'm still sadly corded here.)