PDA

View Full Version : Perpetual beachballs in Panther...

cubist
Oct 31, 2003, 09:24 AM
... are, alas, still easily obtainable using SMB networking through a VPN. In fact, the problem seems worse, as Relaunch Finder doesn't seem to work anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions? I hate turning on my PC just to transfer some files, because it takes forever to boot and sounds like a dishwasher.

(edit) Drat, how'd this get in Hardware D&H? Can a mod move this to the proper section please?

ewinemiller
Oct 31, 2003, 09:39 AM
I'm getting the perpetual beach balls just trying to browse a local drive (the one Jaguar is installed to) . I know there is nothing major wrong with the drive since I can boot into Jaguar and everything works fine. But if I try to click on anything in that drive from Panther, up comes the beach ball and restart finder doesn't work.

On top of that, none of the windows users can authenticate against Samba shares on Panther so I think that Panther goes into the pretty (I love the new finder), but currently useless (can't access my data or apps), stack for me. I'll check it out again when 10.3.1 comes out.