Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Beatles music would you buy from iTunes? (check all that apply)

• none, because I'm not interested in Beatles music

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • none, because I already have the Beatles music I want

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • a few individual songs

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • many individual songs

• an album or two that I already have on CD, LP, tape, etc.

• an album or two that I don't already have

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • many albums

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • a complete boxed set if it's available

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Suppose one of these Beatles on iTunes stories finally proves to be true, and the full Beatles catalog becomes available in the iTunes Store.

Would you actually buy any of it? Which kinds and how much?

You may select more than one choice in the poll, so pick all that apply to you.

If your vote depends on whether or not DRM is used, let's assume it doesn't, so we get the optimistic point of view.

cheeseadiddle

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
I own all the Beatles, so none. I think they really missed the iTunes Boat by waiting so long because everyone has the CDs!

Exactly. Everyone who would have spent a lot of cash on iTunes has all the CD's. I do, and they are all ripped to mp3 have been on my iPods for years.

I think they'll still make money though. Just not as much as they would have if the catalog had been available three or four years ago.

acoustictones

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Minnestoa
I'm less worried about it for me and all of us who already have it, and more interested in it for the younger generations. I still think that The Beatles have a number of generations to go in the sense that I know my 10 & 11 year olds LOVE them, and I really think that they can continue to sell to future generations.

And since iTunes is how a number of "young" people, and old as well, but since so many of the younger generation simply have very little interest in buying cd's it would be a VERY good thing for The Beatles to make themselves available in ways that newer buyers are purchasing their music.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I'm less worried about it for me and all of us who already have it, and more interested in it for the younger generations. I still think that The Beatles have a number of generations to go in the sense that I know my 10 & 11 year olds LOVE them, and I really think that they can continue to sell to future generations.

And since iTunes is how a number of "young" people, and old as well, but since so many of the younger generation simply have very little interest in buying cd's it would be a VERY good thing for The Beatles to make themselves available in ways that newer buyers are purchasing their music.

I dont know if you're aware of it, but that is a very good point! :p

Antimatter

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
I wouldn't buy any. While I don't mind listening to the Beatles, they just aren't my style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.