Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I'm in the market for a relatively inexpensive 3ccd camcorder to make some small vids with friends with and maybe some promo stuff for some of our church events, but nothing professional. I don't want to spend more than $300 on a camera either and it needs to have a mic AND headphone jack. I have an Optura 20, but that's DOA and hasn't turned on since June. I need to send it in for repairs.

Anyway, someone is offering me a GS150 for $250, but that's 3 years old. The GS180 is being offered for $235 and it's only 2 years old. However, I know some features are lacking on the GS180 and there's less accesories than the GS150, but looking at the age is my concern. I've done some researching and everything, but what would you recommend I get?

ImacFan

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
I use a Canon GL2 for most of my video production. I bought a Panasonic GS150 as a second camera for cut shots in situations where I can control the lighting. The GS150 was my choice because it had a mic input for my wireless mic. The reviews were good and I like the video it produces in good light. The self contained lens cover has been a lens saver too.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.