Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
Howdy,

I would like to build a site with similar functionality to MacRumors (although nothing to do with mac rumours). That is, I want a site which is primarily a forum but has a front page that contains certain postings from the forums (for instance, every story posted in the 'news' forum).

I have some HTML/CSS experience and have used blogs such as WordPress and forums like phpBB in the past but I am not sure how to achieve this. Can it be done (easliy) with WP and phpBB? Do I need to use something like Drupal?

Any advice would be appreciated,

MadDoc

Malfoy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
The forums is powered by vbulletin. the front page I would GUESS is an add on to vbulletin. I don't know for sure.

If it isn't an add on, then much credit goes to who wrote the page to act so seamlessly with the forum.

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Since there aren't that many new stories per day, it could all easily be done by hand. I think that's how he does it but maybe it's all automatically done too but I doubt it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.