Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pigoz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Milan, Italy
Hello I'm considering to get a ADC student package, but I'm unsure aboud what you get. My main interest is getting to see the Cocoa sessions they gave at WWDC in order to understand in a better way some concepts. I belive some years ago you could watch all the sessions from the previous years WWDC.

Anything changend? Can you still do that? I'm asking because I can't see it mentioned anywhere on the website.

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
I no longer have a Student account, it run out last month but you didn't get access to all of the WWDC sessions just the free ones.

You get a discount off 1 item of hardware (20%)

You get a copy of the latest OS (I got Tiger when I signed up and Leopard when it was released)

You have a chance to enter the student WWDC scheme, to have free access to WWDC (300 students get selected)

And a free T-Shirt :D

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
Adding to the previous post, you also don't get software seeds. WWDC: you can apply for a student scholarship and get a free ticket (I plan to do so this time), BUT you won't get to see the keynote in-person, you'll get shoved in a little room to watch it....... but I've already seen two, so well, maybe next time when OSX "Thundercat" lol, comes out....

...and, if you go to WWDC, you'll get access to all the WWDC sessions from that year.

pigoz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Milan, Italy
Thanks for your replies ;)
So you can't see any kind of video at all, unless you get selected for WWDC? Did I understood well?

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
Thanks for your replies ;)
So you can't see any kind of video at all, unless you get selected for WWDC? Did I understood well?

Well, since WWDC on iTunes is new, I'm not sure it will change or not, but you can get some WWDC videos if you join as a student. Right now, I have access to all of WWDC 2007 videos since I went to wwdc. So, if you join, you should at least get some videos... I can confirm if you sign up for the select membership, you will get access to the non-free WWDC videos.

If your looking for some free content, http://theocacao.com/ has some videos up and interesting discussions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.