Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AirHead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Does such a case exist? I want to have something to protect it, given how nice it looks :) I was looking at the Vaja "small leather bags":

http://www.vajacases.com/images/accessories/leather-bag_en.html

but the dimensions given (4.57" x 6.10") make me think it won't fit the SuperDrive (5.47" x 5.47")

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S.: Semi-off-topic: What do you guys carry your power cords around in, if anything? Has anyone bought Vaja bags for carrying other Mac peripherals?

EDIT: This is my first post on these forums, just wanted to say hi! I've been a happy Mac user for 3+ years, and I'm finally "joining the community"! Cheers :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I wish that Apple had provided some sort of protective case; undoubtedly some enterprising vendors will come up with something soon. In the meantime I'm using a soft fabric bag that came with an expensive belt that I had bought several years ago. Not ideal but it does fit!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I would imagine that there are two reasons why Apple doesn't offer a case for the MBA SuperDrive: First, they traditionally stay out of the protective case business. And second, they probably don't envision people actually carrying the SuperDrive around with them on a regular basis... it kinda defeats the purpose of having a lightweight laptop sans optical drive if you're going to lug the optical drive around anyway. I would imagine some sort of soft cloth bag, like a shoe bag or one of those purple bags that Crown Royal bottles come in, might do the trick. You could also use a Ziploc freezer storage bag; they're tough but smooth on the inside and should ward away scratches fairly well.

As for my cords and stuff, my backpack has a zippered pouch where I keep all of that sort of thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.