PDA

View Full Version : some thoughts on the ipod touch

RiCEADDiCTBOY
Mar 12, 2008, 12:01 AM
i recently purchased an ipod touch 32 gig. i love it...despite its numerous flaws.

the one that REALLY gets on my particular nerves is that i simply cannot change or alter sound without looking. call me lazy or what not...and i'm sure its due to the simplistic yet elegant design - but, its an ipod which is almost synonymous with "functionality." i am so used to having it in a case while walking and quickly adjusting the volume or making quick flicks to changing tracks...not anymore. i have to stop, pull out the ipod touch, unlock the screen, type in password if its been past 15 minutes or whatever, then scroll vertically then change volume. :( was it really too much trouble to at least add volume control somewhere at the top or something?

no bluetooth really annoys me. heres a great technological achievement and...still has wires. i admit that adding more ipod phone features would likely sway potential iphone customers...however, once voip is out...but, thats another story i guess.

the other things are more less just being REALLY nitpicky so i won't even bother...cause its really not fair. apple did give us a great product...but, i think they are really cutting the consumers short in alot of areas too though.

in other regards...are there any os tricks (besides jailbreaking) to make the ipod touch "more so?"

RiCEADDiCTBOY
Mar 12, 2008, 12:14 AM
and how do i get bejeweled on my ipod touch? i see it on apple.com on the home screen? how did they do that?

em500
Mar 12, 2008, 05:06 AM
Try double-clicking the Home button.

andybno1
Mar 12, 2008, 05:50 AM
and how do i get bejeweled on my ipod touch? i see it on apple.com on the home screen? how did they do that?

theres a game called iZoo (need a jailbroken ipod), install that and it comes with a bejewled theme....... be warned its addictive lol

dickovski
Mar 12, 2008, 06:33 AM
Try double-clicking the Home button.

Well ****** me, you learn something everyday - that's so much easier now - thanks.:cool:

Now is there a shortcut to that control when in Coverflow mode?

andybno1
Mar 12, 2008, 08:46 AM
in regards to the changing tracks and volume without looking well that s now possible but you have to jailbreak your ipod first.

its a new beta product called pocket touch had a go this morning on the train works great I sat there like the morning zombie I am and changed tracks without getting the thing out much better I thinks, with fine tuning this product will be one nifty app

davidy
Mar 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

http://static.popcap.com/iphone/