Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caoxiang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Apple said they provide AudioUnit framework in iPhone SDK. But what I can found are just headers without any static library.

Did they forget this?

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
The framework is the same as for the Mac OS X SDK.

AudioUnits are like plugins, they have a defined interface and that's about it.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I thought it was limited on the iPhone, didn't they say only 3 audio units were provided? Anyway, if you figure out some CoreAudio stuff on the iPhone please post some tips, code, whatever, I want to explore this myself.

caoxiang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
"
How do I minimize playback latency?
If immediate playback is important, such as for sound effects in games or time-critical user feedback in applications, make direct use of the IO Remote audio unit. You can also use OpenAL in iPhone OS, which employs the IO Remote audio unit for low latency. See "How do I use OpenAL to play and position sounds?"
"

However, strange enough, the apple do provide us with the audiounit framework headers, but they forget to provide the static library which makes my test program can never link. I do not know if my SDK missed something or it's a bug of the SDK. Anyway, I'm looking for solution of low latency audio streaming.

bump

metanoia

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
Now that the NDA is gone...

So now that the NDA is gone, anyone have any solutions/sample code to deal with this? Low Latency Audio would be grrreat!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.