Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
I like that seat bolt mount. Does that cradle allow you to plug in the dock port to a charger while it is in the mount?

trogdor!

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
I ended up ordering their seat bolt/floor mount kit with the flexible arm. It was a very easy install. I like it a lot , but my only concern is the crappy way the iphone holster just kinda slides/sits on the arm mount. The iphone can be snugly placed in the holster, but the holster itself just kinda simply slides onto the arm. The holster is rather cheap feeling and I am sure the ratcheting slides would wear out quickly with a lot of use. I try not to use the ratcheting sides too much.

Besides that, It is one of the nicer solutions ive found for car mounts and it was under 30 bucks which was the real win on this one. You can use GOOG5 for a 5 percent off coupon code. You can also use chargers or other dock connectors while it is in the holster. My charger was a little bit of a tight fit, but it worked fine. Also, cases should work great with this mount as it is flexible. I just use an IS currently.

I almost went with the pro mount solution, but the way they mount it in a 94-97 honda accord really did not impress me for the money.

Thanks to the OP for posting this, I did not know about that mount until I saw your post. Oh also, I got the mount kit in like 2 days. Ordered and shipped out on a Thursday and received on Saturday. Very good for going across the whole country on ground shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.