Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

worriedmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Hey everyone. Right well. I've been trying to get both the front mic and the xlr wireless mic I have to be recorded at the same time on the Canon XL2. I simply can't do it. Looked in the instructions and online and played trial and error with it.

Could someone please let me in on what switchs have to be where for this. I've switched to 12 bit audio and I think I've tried all combinations in both xlr ports.

I'm lost help.

Carl Spackler

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Outer Space
Hey everyone. Right well. I've been trying to get both the front mic and the xlr wireless mic I have to be recorded at the same time on the Canon XL2. I simply can't do it. Looked in the instructions and online and played trial and error with it.

Could someone please let me in on what switchs have to be where for this. I've switched to 12 bit audio and I think I've tried all combinations in both xlr ports.

I'm lost help.

try this: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=46647

Looks like you'll have to use 12-bit audio. I believe that the defaults in FCP want to set the audio to 16-bit, so be aware of this during Capture. It's my understanding that 12-bit audio both yields noticeably, lower quality than 16-bit and doesn't mix well with other sources. Take in stride that this is all second hand info, so you may want to run some tests before your shoot. You may want to look into buying or renting a second XLR mic to replace the front mic.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.