PDA

View Full Version : New band The Kolab is incredible!

kvigorous
Nov 1, 2003, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone, my friend just gave me a CD of his band, The Kolab, and it is amazing! It's like the Beastie Boys, Duran Duran, and The Prodigy all mixed together. Their website www.thekolab.com (http://www.thekolab.com) is really cool, too. Check it out and support some great independent music. Thanks!

krossfyter
Nov 3, 2003, 07:26 AM
interesting. i like the duran duran feel mixed with that prodigy electro platform that you talking about. they should ditch the rap though... but thats just me.

kvigorous
Nov 3, 2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The rapping in the band is pretty cool. Did you have a chance to go check it out? I grew up on rap, so I like hearing it in my music. What do others think?

krossfyter
Nov 5, 2003, 02:55 PM
yeah i heard the rap. to me its sub par. rap is over used anc cliche now in rock. i think if someone does it they have to sound unique (ala rage against the machine..zack style) or there is no use doing it because its one of those things that if you regergitate it sounds that much more cheesy. most rock now a days is regergitated but for some reason it doesnt sound as chessy as when someone is regergitating rap. thats just my opinion. but everything else the band has sounds really good to me. theyve got something going with that mix of sounds. this is coming from someone who listens to rush, the mars volta, radiohead, dredg, tool, pink floyd, a perfect circle etc. you know bands whove carved thier own alphabet in music.

kvigorous
Nov 5, 2003, 06:53 PM
That's cool. I can respect that. I'll relay your input to the band. Thanks for checking it out.